ADMIN

Waiting Skeleton Meme - Imgflip

The White House is blasting Senate Republicans in a Tuesday evening statement after GOP lawmakers blocked an effort to move forward on a $10 billion Covid aid package.

A 47-52 vote saw every Republican senator decide against beginning debate on the spending bill, after Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell threatened to withhold support absent a provision keeping a Trump-era border policy known as Title 42 in tact was included.  

The Biden administration announced it would lift the order, which allows any border agent to turn away asylum-seekers on contact in the name of keeping virus cases down, on May 23.

Democrats needed 10 Republicans on board for the measure to move forward. It now could be delayed until after the Senate's two-week break beginning April 11. 

'It is disappointing that Senate Republicans voted down consideration of a much-needed bill to purchase vaccines, boosters, and life-saving treatments for the American people,' White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said in a statement hours after the vote.

'As we have repeatedly said, there are consequences for Congress failing to fund our COVID Response. The program that reimbursed doctors, pharmacists and other providers for vaccinating the uninsured had to end today due to a lack of funds.'

read more:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10690073/White-House-slams-Senate-GOP-blocking-10B-COVID-bill-Psaki-says-step-backward.html

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• We probably will not see an increase in the number of cases of Covid.  The Democrats lie so much about everything that the right can not and will not believe anything they propose. 

• I pray the GOP keeps fighting the communist democrats in the Congress and in the White House

• I don't believe this.  I hope the GOP keeps fighting against the Left globalists in our own leadership.

• How long are we going to let these criminal Dems continue to spend money we do not have on the covid experience?  We do not have the money, but apparently, that does not matter to Congress because they still have the printing presses.  They think that as long as they have the green ink, they have money.  Some day, the chickens will come home to roost.

This reply was deleted.