ADMIN

8814768859?profile=RESIZE_710x

The Senate Judiciary Committee will hold a hearing Tuesday to discuss a purported “assault on the right to vote.” 

The hearing, dubbed “Jim Crow 2021: The Latest Assault on the Right to Vote,” comes as the far left continues to criticize Georgia’s new election integrity law.

Stacey Abrams, the Democrat who lost the 2018 governor’s race in Georgia and the founder of Fair Fight Action, and Sen. Raphael Warnock, D-Ga., are scheduled to testify to senators. 

Hans von Spakovsky, a senior legal fellow in the Meese Center for Legal and Judicial Studies at The Heritage Foundation, joins “The Daily Signal Podcast” to explain what to expect at the Senate hearing.  The Daily Signal is Heritage’s multimedia news outlet.

Von Spakovsky also unpacks arguments for and against Georgia’s new election law and explains why it should not be likened to Jim Crow laws. 

We also cover these stories: 

• Lawyers deliver closing arguments in the final day of the trial of former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin in the death of George Floyd.
  • Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis signs anti-rioting legislation into law. 
  •  The Biden administration orders Immigration and Customs Enforcement and Customs and Border Protection to stop using the terms “illegal alien” and “assimilation.”

Listen to the podcast below or read the lightly edited transcript. 

Virginia Allen: We are joined by Hans von Spakovsky, a senior legal fellow in the Meese Center for Legal and Judicial Studies at The Heritage Foundation. Hans, thank you so much for being here.

Hans von Spakovsky: Sure, thanks for having me on.

Allen: Several weeks ago, President Joe Biden called Georgia’s new election law “Jim Crow of the 21st century.” Now the Senate Judiciary Committee is holding a hearing Tuesday entitled “Jim Crow 2021: The Latest Assault on the Right to Vote.” Hans, would you explain, is this Georgia new election bill, is it an assault on the right to vote?

Von Spakovsky: No, not at all. In fact, what really seems to be going on is a propaganda movement by Joe Biden and [Sen.] Dick Durbin and others. It has totally unconnected to the facts.

If you actually read the Georgia election reform bill, it actually, Georgia actually has better laws than Delaware, which is Sen. Biden’s home state. In some respects, better laws than Illinois, which is Dick Durbin’s home state. He’s, of course, chairing the Judiciary Committee hearing that’s coming up.

Just a quick example of this is that, look, Georgia has 17 days of early voting, including days on two weekends before an election. Biden’s home state of Delaware has no early voting.

read more here:

https://www.dailysignal.com/2021/04/20/what-to-expect-at-senate-panels-hearing-on-election-integrity-law-cast-as-jim-crow/?

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Anybody other than “American Citizens” to vote in any election in this country is all I will accept, and I don’t mean dead citizens or allowing one to vote more than once. Anybody can win an election if it is rig by cheaters, liars, and thugs. These are the kinds of people we have in government today. Jim Crow, as far as I am concerned was a communist at heart, prejudice, certainly racist just as all Communist Democrats and ignorant. Black people hated Uncle Tom because they thought he was a White man’s slave, but I believe Uncle Tom was submissive to God not man. [read the Bible]. It is a shame that most Blacks are “still” to this day hateful and racist against White’s. I heard several of them being interviewed the other day on TV agreeing to White genocide. So, tell me, who are the Nazi’s?? And who are those attempting to take away our God given rights and freedoms?  

• Maybe voting for president should go back to the orgional requirements.  1) must be a free man. 2) must be a US citizen. 3) must be 21 years or older. 4) must be a property owner.  That would make voting much easier to accurately count the votes. All other offices could go with the modern voting requirements.

• "1) must be a free man."

Provided an ex-felon is deemed a free man after paying his debt to society, OK!

"3) must be 21 years or older."

Then 18 year olds ought not to be compelled to register for military service, or suffer a military draft until a vote-capable citizen of 21 years.

"4) must be a property owner."

Once you square away the idea that lack of property ownership nessesarily indicates cavalier or incompetent voter responsibility toward government input, you are there (yes it is a ticking bomb if you consider its implications).

As a property owner, though, I totally agree regarding election votes on property tax increases.

• Sure would love to watch that hearing

• "What to Expect at Sen Hearing on Election Integrity Law Cast as Jim Crow"

Offhand, I'd say to expect peals of laughter and ridicule at any clowns attempting to link a past Southern Democrat phenomena like Jim Crow laws, to a real percieved need like election integrity reforms.

Laughing-Baby-Meme-01.jpg

This reply was deleted.