ADMIN

How 'Let's Go Brandon!' became a national social media sensation | Fox News

On a quiet street south of downtown Boise, Michael Dick has festooned his front yard with homemade signs, including a large yellow placard that facetiously thanks President Biden for a growing list of grievances — $4-a-gallon gas, inflation, Afghanistan, covid-19. In capital letters in black marker, Dick, 59, recently added "dead civilians" and "dead U.S. soldiers" to his bill of particulars.

On Wednesday, when the president visited Scranton, Pa., he was greeted at the corner of Biden Street by a woman holding a handmade “F--- Joe Biden” sign, with an American flag as the vowel in the offending word. And back in Boise, Rod Johnson, a retired gunsmith, has hung a blue flag from the roof of his home that reads “F--- Biden.” Underneath, in smaller letters, he added, “And f--- you for voting for him!!” 

“I’m not the only Republican that doesn’t like Biden,” Johnson, 68, said in an interview, sporting a red “Proud White American” hat and puffing a skinny cigar. “I just chose to show it.”

During the 2020 presidential campaign, one of Biden’s political superpowers was his sheer inoffensiveness, the way he often managed to embody — even to those who didn’t like him — the innocuous grandfather, the bumbling uncle, the leader who could make America calm, steady, even boring again after four years of Donald Trump.

But it’s clear that after nine months in office, Biden — or at least what he represents — is increasingly becoming an object of hatred to many Trump supporters. The vitriol partly reflects Trump’s own repeated baseless claims that Biden is a usurper, depriving him of his rightful claim to the presidency, and partly stems from Biden actions that Republicans deplore, from his spending plans to his immigration policies.

Yet the anger also demonstrates how a political party or cause often needs an enemy, a target of vilification that can unite its adherents — and, in this case, one refracted through the harshness, norm-breaking and vulgarity of the Trump era.

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• "Peter Pan, His Shadow and Tinker Bell!" 

Lynn Bryant DeSpain

• Biden and Obama will get the entire negative insults they deserve. These pimps have raped and stolen this great nation. The nation’s economy has been sold to foreign interest.  Our friends and enemies no longer respect us. ISIS, Afghanistan, was embarrassing. Our foreign policies are in a shamble along with the invasions at the border.  Lies and murder is all we get from these two crooks. What they have done will hurt our kids for generations. These two carpet baggers should be run out of town.

• Lord knows I have tried my best to share my feelings. 

Instead of expusion, I was think of decorating them with tar and feathers.

Even more severe approaches seem apporpriate....

• Why not just make him the decoration?  A short piece of rope and a solid tree will turn him into a pinata.  But don't don't let the kids pick anything from the ground after they hit him with the stick.

• Think about that for a minute... we have more than 9500 border patrol agents and thousands of customs and immigration services agents on that border... effectively we could post one man every mile and rotate them every 8 hrs and have enough left over to man detention and processing centers... a virtual human wall... what the H is up?  Open borders are now the policy. The invasion certainly isn't happening for a lack of manpower or funding. 

• "WaPo is Concerned: Biden’s critics hurl increasingly vulgar taunts"

Biden's critics have increasing reason to.

• Nothing too vulgar for biden or wapo for that matter. FJB!

• Biden is too drugged up to know where he is... He can barely read the teleprompter and four letter words with single syllables are all he can handle. 

• The simple fact of life is "There are people who absolutely justify the need for Bullying!" Otherwise they grow to be adults and behave like Bidens!

Lynn Bryant DeSpain

• Donald J Trump is a pragmatist. He gets things done and is not just talk. His openness, and sometimes abruptness, shocked many from both major political parties. He told things exactly as they were and some even took offense to that. Mostly because they were used to everything being sugar coated and lied about by presidents to appease the public and their supporters.

Donald J Trump was and is not that way. He calls a spade a spade and that approach was and still is rather refreshing to a huge majority of Americans. In any case he had America back on track to be great again then biden came along and immediately began undoing everything Trump had done to get America back on track. First he cancelled the Keystone pipeline thinking it seems that is what Americans wanted but he was wrong. Then he began his cascade of EO’s that reversed nearly all the progress Trump had made. However biden has been wrong about everything he has done so far! Everything. He has not gotten one thing right so far! Now biden wants to raise taxes and no matter what biden says or lies about he plans to raise taxes on every individual in this country. To this date biden has mucked up everything he has touched and everything he has touched has gotten worse for all Americans regardless of political party. He has, as a matter of fact, done so many things wrong it is nearly impossible to list them all in one post!

I kept track of Trumps accomplishment for two years and that covers, double spaced, seventeen pages. I have not so far kept track of bidens screw ups but there is little doubt in my mind they would take many pages to cover at the end of two years if he even makes it that far. Which by-the-way I doubt!

This reply was deleted.