ADMIN

9255800073?profile=RESIZE_710x

As Texas Democrats live out the words of a Willie Nelson song, the country music legend is among those chipping in so that Democratic legislators who fled the state do not have to return to Texas, where a vote on election integrity awaits.

Nelson’s “On the Road Again” could serve as the soundtrack for the flight of Democrats, with these lyrics:

We’re the best of friends
Insisting that the world keep turning our way
And our way
Is on the road again.

Democrats who are determined to avoid having to sit in the legislative chamber while Republicans pass election reforms with which they disagree fled Texas on Monday as a tactic to deny the GOP the quorum needed to pass any legislation. A similar stunt in 2003 delayed but did not torpedo redistricting legislation.

Nelson and former Democratic Rep. Beto O’Rourke are among those helping defray the costs of Texas Democratic legislators who are ensconced at the Washington Plaza Hotel in D.C., where they have vowed to suffer in four-star surroundings until the special session called by Republican Gov. Greg Abbott expires, according to The Dallas Morning News.

O’Rourke is spearheading a fundraising effort to pay the bills of the Democrats who fled the state, which The Morning News estimated would top $10,000 a day just for the hotel bill.

As of Wednesday afternoon, the effort had pulled in $526,780 from 14,654 donors, the report said.

Nelson gave the Democrats $5,000.

The stunt has drawn lots of attention, but the long-term results are uncertain. Abbott has vowed to continue calling special sessions until the voting reforms Republicans have the votes to pass are approved.

read more here: https://www.westernjournal.com/texas-democrats-fled-state-funded-beto-orourke-legendary-musician/?

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I feel the same.

• Can Gov. Abbott issue warrants for their arrest? If so turn the Rangers loose on them.

• Texas law only allows the missing idiots to arrested/detained when they return to Texas.  Unfortunately, Gov. Abbott can't arrest them until they are once again within the borders of this great State.

• My understanding is, Abbott could get them anywhere in the USA, but in DC because DC isn't a  

state. That's why they chose DC, to be protected.........but eventually they will all have to return to Texas and then

they will be arrested. Will anything happen to them, will they pay a price for this? Personally I doubt it under the corrupt rule

of this regime, nothing happens to criminals who advance the leftist agenda, in fact they get rewarded.

if we want to change this we better make sure we have majority both in the house and senate, then elect Trump

to clean house and get us back on track........then put another strong conservative in office for another 8 years.
      In 12 years under the right leadership, we should be able to shut down the communist agenda!

• At least I hope so.

• Yes, in my opinion, and he should move to have the AG of Texas convene a Grand Jury to indict every absent Democrat for criminal conspiracy to subvert the Texas Constitution, a violation of their oath of office, and dereliction or malfeasance in office.  Charge them in absentee and arrest them the moment they step foot in Texas.

• Yes!

• That sounds great. 

• Beto the traitor and his dope smoking buddy can both move to California with the rest of their type 

• Please don't send them here ... we have enough lefties.

This reply was deleted.