ADMIN

Governor Inslee - Meme Magnet - All the Memes in one place | We the Governed

Washington Democrats hope to go easy on drive-by murderers in order to promote racial equity for criminals. It’s the latest light-on-crime scheme pushed under the guise of being anti-racist.

House Bill 1692 lessens the criminal penalties for drive-by shootings. It prohibits using a drive-by shooting as a basis for elevating a first degree murder charge to an aggravated first degree murder. The bill is also retroactive, lessening punishment for those already found guilty in drive-by shooting cases. It even offers carve-outs to release felons from jail if they committed their violent act when they were under 21-years-old.

The bill’s sponsors, state Representatives Tarra Simmons (D-Bremerton) and David Hackney (D-Tukwila), pre-filed the bill ahead of the Jan. 10, 2022, start to the legislative session. They claim this change promotes “racial equity in the criminal legal system.” It does no such thing. It merely goes easy on criminals who deserve lifetime jail sentences.

HB 1692, if passed, would remove drive-by shootings from the list of aggravated factors. Thus, a drive-by murderer, if charged and convicted, could be released from prison. But the bill goes even farther than reclassifying drive-by shootings.

read more:

https://mynorthwest.com/3293353/rantz-wa-democrats-bill-says-its-racial-equity-to-go-easy-on-drive-by-murderers/

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• "racial equity" is RACISM!!!!!!!!!!  What happened to "judge a person by the content of their character not the color of their skin"?  Do any of them remember Martin Luther King?  It doesn't seem like they do, or maybe he no longer fits their evil narrative!!!!!!!!!!

• And they wonder why all the working Taxpayers and Private Companies are moving Out Of State!

Lynn Bryant DeSpain

• ADMIN

"...easy on drive-by murderers in order to promote racial equity for criminals" wtf?

So If the ciminal stops to shoot he goes to death row, but if he only slows down and shoots he goes to Star Bucks! Right? 

This law is discriminatory! It only rewards shoots who have cars with reduced sentenses!

OBTW - does this law include criminals who use bycycles and shoot, as 'drive-bys'

• Benjamin Franklin walked out of Independence Hall after the Constitutional Convention of 1787, when someone shouted, "Doctor what have we got? A Republic? Or a Monarchy?" To which Franklin supposedly responded with a rejoinder at once witty and ominous, "A Republic if you can control it."

Lynn Bryant DeSpain

• At the close of the Constitutional Convention on September 17, 1787, as Benjamin Franklin leftthe hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr.
      Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.” There is a huge difference between controlling our republic and keeping it in existance. He was implying that the alternative to "keeping" the new Republic was some form of tyranny!

• I think he said "A republic madam, if you can keep it", but I could be wrong.

• ilona, that is the exact quote I have seen in my pocket copy of the Declaration of Independence and Constitution.  It has quotes from several of the founders!!!!!

• is there a difference between Democrats in Washington and Common criminals? Yes! Criminals in Washington are more common! 

• ADMIN

Hahaha Sweet! 

• Yes, until recently the common criminal if cought  was punished..........the DC criminals always get away with it!

This reply was deleted.