ADMIN

MAGA#2020 REDWAVE - Imgflip

Three Democratic members of the Staunton, Virginia, city council were ousted by Republicans on Tuesday despite receiving more votes than they did four years ago.

Republican candidates Mark Robertson, Amy Darby, and Steve Claffey all joined incumbent Andrea Oakes in a four-seat GOP sweep, WHSV reported. The three incoming council members replaced Democratic incumbents Erik Curren, Ophie Kier, and James Harrington all almost doubled their vote totals from 2016, yet still lost.

Local outlet Augusta Free Press reporter Chris Graham called the results “stunning almost beyond words.”

“Democrats got their voters out better than they have in a May cycle in years,” Graham wrote. “Republicans got turnout more akin to, not quite a presidential year, but approaching gubernatorial.”

Graham cited gun control legislation in the state as well as COVID-19 lockdowns as key turnout drivers for Republicans in the city.

read more:

https://dailycaller.com/2020/05/20/staunton-virginia-city-council-election-democrats/

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It would be nice if the GOP supported more candidates, everytime we vote. The last time I did, there was no GOP candidate for my VA Senate district, all you could vote for was a democrat...I didn't obviously (skipped) but that's sad and that's a reality for many seats in VA where I live (Woodbridge VA).

• It would be nice if the GOP was the GOP!

• I pray this is a sign of how the next presidential election will turn out....

• it's interesting to say the least

• YES, people wake up and see what the communist demoncrats are all about!!  The communist demoncrats want to enslave you and rule over you!! They want to banish you freedoms and liberties!!  NEVER VOTE FOR COMMUNIST DEMONCRATS AGAIN!!

• Looks like Republicans are paying attention to the crap the democrats are continually pulling. I, for one, am disgusted to think a people with freedom are acting like these democrats to try and destroy our duly elected President. I can't wait to see what is going to happen to these democratic traitors when President Trump is reelected in November! I am thankful he has decided to continue making America Number 1 in the world again. Is there room for President Trump's bust on the mountain in the Dakotas?...lol

• From the end of the French and Indian War, The Brits imposed increased onorous taxes, forced colonials to house British soldiers and embargoed Boston...the Military Gocernor sent troops to seize colonial stores and weapons amassed by colonial militias in Concord and tried to arrest John Hancock and Sam Adams...the colonials kicked ther butts all the way back from Concord and Lexington to Boston...Looks like the Virginia "revolution" has begun "politically"...when is the Governor Northam up for reelection? When a "government" pushes too far and takes too much power, it is time to remove that government.

• He'll be out for another 4 years at least after that, VA Governors can't be reelected immediately 

• I just can't wait till Northam is OUT!  He is a misfit to Virginia.

• (imho) Northam is a misfit to America!

This reply was deleted.