ADMIN

8619168285?profile=RESIZE_710x

A Virginia school system has removed children’s books by famed author Dr. Seuss from its annual Read Across America program over charges that his books have “strong racial undertones.”

Dr. Seuss, whose real name is Theodor Geisel, is famed for classics including Horton Hears a Who, The Grinch, and Green Eggs and Ham, but the Loudon County school system now also says his work has “strong racial undertones,” the Washington Post reported.

According to a school spokesman, the district said they are looking toward books that are more “inclusive and diverse and reflective of our student community,” according to school Loudoun schools spokesman Wayde B. Byard.

Byard insisted that the district feels there are “strong racial undertones in many books written/illustrated by Dr. Seuss,” and added, “Given this research, and LCPS’ focus on equity and culturally responsive instruction, LCPS has provided guidance to schools in the past couple of years to not connect Read Across America Day with Dr. Seuss’ birthday exclusively.”

The school district is not the first to hit the venerable children’s author with charges of racism.

read more here: https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2021/03/01/virginia-school-system-bans-dr-seuss-books-from-read-across-america-program-over-strong-racial-undertones/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=daily&utm_campaign=20210301

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Parents should Ban/Defund/Cancel the V.A. School system from their childs lives.

• Most Dr. Seuss books are still available.  I recommend The Lorax, The Butter Battle Book, The Cat in the Hat, and Green Eggs and Ham.

• but every black friday i go over to jesse jackson to sing white christmas, read green eggs and ham while eating uncle ben

• Take your kids out of these Communist, perverted schools and homeschool.  I would rather be broke that send my kids out to become woke.

• The real racist are those idiots who look at everything and every word as a racist

• But Theodore Geisel was one of the enlightened few, A COMMIE!

The left has clearly left orbit and is orbiting Pluto.

• OMG...racial overtones?????  I beleive that people who cry "racist" and are consumed with turning over every word, picture, concept, tradition to find "racist" conotations are RACIST!

Give it a break! Maybe you need a good laxitive and take time to think how stupid you sound.

• This people are idiots they should also banned students from reading the Constitution of the United States since they hate our country so much.

• Is it just getting WHACKO in this country ever single day!!!!!!

• It is time to defund public schools by giving Parents Vouchers for their Children's education... the parents can then decide where and how their children are educated... End the Marxist Cultural wars for the soul of our children.  Allow the parents to use their vouchers to send their children to private, parochial, and or vocational schools, which provide a high school diploma and or technical certification and licenses. 

This reply was deleted.