ADMIN

8619168285?profile=RESIZE_710x

A Virginia school system has removed children’s books by famed author Dr. Seuss from its annual Read Across America program over charges that his books have “strong racial undertones.”

Dr. Seuss, whose real name is Theodor Geisel, is famed for classics including Horton Hears a Who, The Grinch, and Green Eggs and Ham, but the Loudon County school system now also says his work has “strong racial undertones,” the Washington Post reported.

According to a school spokesman, the district said they are looking toward books that are more “inclusive and diverse and reflective of our student community,” according to school Loudoun schools spokesman Wayde B. Byard.

Byard insisted that the district feels there are “strong racial undertones in many books written/illustrated by Dr. Seuss,” and added, “Given this research, and LCPS’ focus on equity and culturally responsive instruction, LCPS has provided guidance to schools in the past couple of years to not connect Read Across America Day with Dr. Seuss’ birthday exclusively.”

The school district is not the first to hit the venerable children’s author with charges of racism.

read more here: https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2021/03/01/virginia-school-system-bans-dr-seuss-books-from-read-across-america-program-over-strong-racial-undertones/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=daily&utm_campaign=20210301

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I recommend The Lorax, The Butter Battle Book, The Cat in the Hat, Green Eggs and Ham, and Horton Hears a Who.

• The problem is not Dr. Seuss although I don't approve of his books as they undermine Christian moral values.  The problem is the deliberate use of public education to INDOCTRINATE our children to accept MARXIST IDEOLOGY and it is working.  Time to fire those responsible and to give parents vouchers.  Let the Parents decide with their feet if the Public Schools are worthy of their support.  I for one say ... NO!   I also say that anyone with a Public Education Certification should be kept far, far, away from any educational facility for children.

• The only things not considered racist are the crap that left wing authors put out.  Those are generally not worth reading and are indeed filled with racist, anti-American, anti-women and anti anything good and worthwhile,  As I recall Hotron was an elephant; the Grinch was green (what race does that represent; maybe Vulcan).  Most of Dr. Zeusses characters were animals. 

I guess you can put racial overtones in anything.  Anyone who knows anything about history, realizes getting rid of books they disagreed with was one of the first things totalitanian governments did. 

• The situation is worse than you imagine.  6 Dr Seuss books are being withdrawn from publication because they contain racist imagery!  https://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/books/ct-aud-nw-dr-seu...

6 Dr. Seuss books will no longer be published because of racist imagery
    Six Dr. Seuss books — including “And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street” and “If I Ran the Zoo” — will stop being published because of racist…
  • Had enough of our "OVERTHROW" yet?

• They hate America and are constantly assaulting the Global Minority Caucasian People. Until you see that, you are as sheep!

• ADMIN
    https://twitter.com/errolwebber/status/1366774109812764677/photo/1
    • Dr Seuess died in 1991.  How did Michelle Obama invite him to the White House?  (Attack of the Zombie Authors?).

• Excellent point!

• THIS is called hyping SYSTEMIC RACISM....Obviously growing up with Dr Seuss, which I never cared for, ws racist propaganda??

This reply was deleted.