ADMIN

politics liz cheney Memes & GIFs - Imgflip

Rep. Liz Cheney represents a dying breed of American conservatism. Her willingness to sacrifice her political future for the future of transparency and democracy in America deserves the utmost attention and respect. 

As a lifelong Democrat, I have never agreed with GOP politics, but the challenges facing establishment conservatives like Cheney is bad for everyone in this country, Democrats included. 

Since Donald Trump took control of the Republican Party during his run for executive office in 2016, few party members have been willing to stand up to the man and his supporters trying to undo hundreds of years of democratic institution building. 

The participation of only two Republicans, Cheney and Rep. Adam Kinzinger, in the ongoing Jan. 6 committee hearings, and the venom they've received from members of their own party for participating in the investigation is hard to understand. 

The post-truth Republican Party scares me

Trolls dominate today's GOP. The new heroes of the party are those with the least amount of professional preparation, and the least respect for the institution and  people they serve.

My least favorites are:

GOP Rep. Lauren Boebert of my home state of Colorado, who is under investigation on allegations of misappropriating campaign funds, and has been constantly in the news for embarrassing herself and the institution she represents. Advising locals not to vote for her, The Durango Herald said, "The woman is an embarrassment – to her district and her party."  

read more:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/we-need-a-return-of-old-fashioned-establishment-republicans-like-rep-liz-cheney/ar-AAYndH2?li=BBnb7Kz

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• "Since Donald Trump took control of the Republican Party during his run for executive office in 2016, few party members have been willing to stand up to the man and his supporters trying to undo hundreds of years of democratic institution building." What institutions are you referring to...abortion on demand? Packing the Supreme Court? Ruling by Executive Order? Using the IRS against your political opponents? Making Christians enemies of the state? Emasculation of the Armed Forces? These are all Democrat objectives, some of which are alarmingly close to being achieved. The Dems and those on The Left keep ranting about how Trump is a threat to our democracy but never name one specific thing that he has done or plans to do to diminish our freedom within the USA. They can't name one specific thing guaranteed by the Constitution that they could do when Trump took office that they couldn't as a result of his presidency. As for the Jan 6 Committee, it is nothing more than a kangaroo court whose objective has nothing to do with examining what happened on Jan 6 but is more about taking Trump out as a 2024 presidential candidate. The committee is a disgrace to truth and is a very expensive and dishonest dog and pony show.

This reply was deleted.