ADMIN

CHINA FOR START - Imgflip

U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Linda Thomas-Greenfield and a Chinese diplomat clashed on Friday after Greenfield, who is Black, described her own experience with racism during a U.N. General Assembly meeting.

Thomas-Greenfield said at the meeting, meant to mark the International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, that while she has faced racism in her life, racism in countries like China has proven deadly.

"I know the ugly face of racism. I lived racism, I have experienced racism and I have survived racism," she said.

"Racism is the problem of the racist. And it is the problem of the society that produces the racist. And in today’s world that is every society," she continued.

“Racism was and continues to be a daily challenge wherever we are. And for millions, it’s more than a challenge. It’s deadly."

She pointed to Myanmar, "where Rohingya and others have been oppressed, abused, and killed in staggering numbers," and China, "where the government has committed genocide and crimes against humanity against Uighurs and members of other ethnic and religious minority groups in Xinjiang,” a region in northwest China.

China’s deputy U.N. Ambassador Dai Bing took issue with Thomas-Greenfield's comments and noted that despite her having "admitted to her country’s ignoble human rights record," it "does not give her country the license to get on a high horse and tell other countries what to do," according to Reuters.

read more:

https://thehill.com/policy/international/un-treaties/544136-us-ambassador-chinese-diplomat-clash-over-racism-at-un

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It wpud have been a great opportunity to point out, at this Alaska meeting, that USA doesn't imprison people that write against this govt.(--we usually elect them), however, when Chinese said we had our own human rights problems, it could have been a great opportunity to speak back and out for the millions oppressed in China.  USA doesn't have slave labor or a class system that is impossible to break through or out of.  But, NO, USA waffled and backed down, Sec of State did speak back a little but NOTHING like Pompeo who told the Chinese what we expected and would hold them accountable to do.

China's top diplomat, Yang Jiechi warned the Biden administration not to cross Beijing's "red line" in a half hour speech, Feb 1.  He warned US Gvt Biden administration to play by CCP Rules.  Obama started this taking $$ from China so they would have access - now they're coming for the pay back!!

• It certainly looked that way to me.  For the Biden family it certainly must have felt like to slap in the face.

• Democrats are such pussies,but GREAT at being bullies to their OWN PEOPLE Not only did they STEAL the Prseidency but they're probaly going to cause a third world war from their appeasment to tyrants. GOD I HATE THEM.........................FOREVER!!!

• Yes!!

• Who does?

This reply was deleted.