ADMIN

8599607472?profile=RESIZE_400x

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States on Thursday carried out an airstrike in Syria against a structure belonging to what it said were Iran-backed militia, two officials told Reuters, an apparent response to rocket attacks against U.S. targets in Iraq.

While the strike could be the first retaliatory moves by the United States following last week’s attacks, the move appeared to be limited in scope, potentially lowering the risk of escalation.

Also a decision to strike only in Syria and not in Iraq would give the Iraqi government some breathing room as it carries out its own investigation of a Feb. 15 attack that wounded Americans.

The officials, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said the strike was approved by President Joe Biden. The Pentagon did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

One official said the strike was in response to the recent rocket attacks in Iraq.

read more here: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-syria-strike/exclusive-u-s-carries-out-airstrike-against-iranian-backed-militia-target-in-syria-officials-idUSKBN2AP33D

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If the wooden-headed geezer in the Oval office cannot handle the situtation, he should keep his hands off, and that goes for women who are not his wife too. 

• Hey! Andy the reason why it's still spinning is that they already know how Joe Biden is going to react on their behalf.

• Are you saying that Trump canceling the Iran Agreement and imposing severe sanctions were ineffective?

• Obiden is trying to follow in the footsteps of Obama.  Or maybe it's just Obama calling the shots from behind the curtain.  Oh, don't pay any attention to that man behind the curtain.  I use that term "man" loosely.

• he is not trying he is doing it big time.

• this is back where Obama was the president again.

• The bombs are real for sure, but I have no doubt what they say is not, usual lies and fake news ... seems this admin is following BHO's hidden policy of justifying 911 attacks on US

• How damned long are they going to let this demented old criminal do all this insaine shit before they actually invoke the 25th A on him..! Not that any other leftist would be much better in the long run but they wouldn't be like a kid in an ammusment park..!

• unfortunately Loren, using the 25th amendment on Buffalo Bob, we end up with Howdy Camelian in the big seat, I not sure that's we need as the first female president   ---   jus sayin

• And joe, 'The Chink Fraudster' says, "What the hell is going on with these bombings? Who the hell ordered these air strikes against OUR Syrian friends? What? "I" ordered the air strikes? Well, never mind!!!

This reply was deleted.