ADMIN

8437610871?profile=RESIZE_710x

President Trump plans political punishment for the 10 House Republicans who voted to impeach him for last week’s Capitol riot, according to a new report.

Trump summoned aides to brief him on the 10 following the Wednesday afternoon vote, the Wall Street Journal reported Friday.

Trump “wanted to know who the lawmakers were and whether he had ever done anything for them” and “inquired who might run against them when they face re-election in two years,” the Journal reported.

The breakaway Republicans joined all Democrats to impeach Trump on a single count of allegedly inciting an insurrection that disrupted certification of President-elect Joe Biden’s victory.

The No. 3 House Republican, Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming, was among the 10 and is resisting calls from some members of the House Freedom Caucus to resign. She and Trump long clashed on foreign policy and he called for her ouster during a pre-riot speech near the White House that formed the basis for his impeachment.

The other Republicans who voted to impeach Trump were Reps. Tom Rice of South Carolina, John Katko of New York, Anthony Gonzalez of Ohio, Peter Meijer of Michigan, Adam Kinzinger of Illinois, Dan Newhouse of Washington, Fred Upton of Michigan, Jaime Herrera Beutler of Washington and David Valadao of California.

Trump is expected to remain a powerful figure among Republicans after he leaves office Jan. 20 and could help topple the handful of incumbents. Many other Republicans, including House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.), publicly faulted Trump’s actions, but called for a less-severe censure.

read more here: https://nypost.com/2021/01/15/trump-planning-payback-for-gopers-who-impeached-him-report/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Wyoming is not at all happy with her; wouldn't be surprised to see her recalled.

• I would like to see my Rep. Tom Rice recalled too.  I'm looking to see how to start a petition to just that.

• I know the Washington state republicans are furious with Jamie H. Beutler - and I know that the party is considering censuring her.  I have already let her know that I will never vote for her again!

She might as well retire now.

• Agreed

• Good.

• All these alleged Republicans betrayed their constitutents.  Now will those constituents be smart enough to vote them out?  Somehow I have my doubts.

• if the rnc wants them they won't be voted out, it matters only who counts the votes.  We the people have no voice in government, taxation without representation!!!!!

• Republicans in Wyoming have already launched an attempt to get rid of the Lying RINO, Liz Cheney.

• How does that work?  I would like to do something similar here in South Carolina to oust traitor, Rep. Tom Rice.  If the effort is successful, what would happen next?  Does the governor appoint a replacement or do you have a special election?

• The lying RINO Liz Cheney will get her payback from the citizens of Wyoming whom she betrayed.  There is an active petition to recall her.  If nothing else, she will never get reelected in Wyoming.

This reply was deleted.