ADMIN

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The current system for authorizing nuclear release has checks and balances within it... it has worked flawlessly for decades... we don't need to change it. 

No President acts alone... in deciding to release nuclear weapons... However, it is his decision alone.  There are US laws and international laws of war that govern such release, our senior civilian and military commanders understand what constitutes a lawful order to release nuclear weapons...

If the DOD disagrees with a Presidential order, to release nuclear weapons, because it is not lawful... the DOD would advise the President and inform him as to why. They would also advise him on how to make such an order lawful. Again, the President doesn't act in a vacuum and those military officers relaying and executing such an order would by necessity do so only if it is a lawful order.

• While I would agree wiht this in regard to our currnet president I am not willing to put the powers of these also currently serving in the positions of Vice President and Speaker of the House.  

• What?

This reply was deleted.