ADMIN

5741491457?profile=RESIZE_584x

By last Monday, the riots and protests over the death of George Floyd at the hands of Minneapolis police had spread to over 100 American cities. On that day, President Trump gave a short speech in which he castigated the governors and mayors who hadn’t put down the riots. He said that he might invoke the Insurrection Act and put federal troops into rioting cities to quell the violence.

That evening, Trump walked to St. John’s Episcopal Church across Pennsylvania Avenue from the White House, with Defense Secretary Mark Esper and a camo-clad Gen. Mark Milley, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, in tow.

Those events so incensed former Defense Secretary Gen. James Mattis that he released a statement to the liberal Atlantic magazine severely criticizing the president. It was a recitation of long-held complaints.

At the heart of Mattis’s condemnation of Trump was this paragraph:

Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people — does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us. We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children.

Shortly after Mattis’s statement became public, former White House Chief of Staff retired Gen. John Kelly — like Mattis, a Marine — said that he agreed with Mattis’s statement.

The media are — falsely — characterizing the Mattis and Kelly statements as proof that Trump isn’t and can’t be trusted even by his closest advisers and that there is a breakdown of trust between Trump and the military. They tried the same thing in the 2006 “generals’ revolt” against George W. Bush and Donald Rumsfeld.

read more here: https://spectator.org/theres-no-generals-revolt-against-trump/

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Their will be a meeting among those 2 Gens. plus one other not mentioned and a group of top people in the adm. in Sept. according to VIP higher up in Gov't  Info from very credible Conservatives on highly scrutinezed sites. They intend to stop Trump . To me this is anotherr Coup attempt. BTW...they are all part of the swamp and fellow Marines are calling Mattis out. I learned a new phrase at 76...." Blue Falcon" that's this Marine called him and I agree. Come Sept we will find out. BTW again...Every bit of info that those consevatives have given us has been confirmed by past posts of  " Q " !  Past proves present !!!!! WWG1WGA     Q

• Obama culled the generals, fired 1100 of them without any explanation as to what motivated that or what the deciding factors were. Pretty scary. Maybe Trump can reverse that Soros backed move.

• Time To Pump The Swanp Dry! 

• Voters who like Trump will vote for him, period! The more I see protesters and looters in the street, the more I want to vote for Trump. I don't care about what those Generals said (swamp), they won't influence me. What we saw these past 4 years is that they tried all they could to destroy him (the House, the Democrats, The European Union medling, the Swamp, CNN, paid protesters, Mitt Romney) but guess what, they are contributing to Trump's reelection. I'm not an African American but if I were, I would NOT like to be associated with looters and silly protesters. African Americans want to succeed just like anybody else. Trump helped them more than people want to give him credit for. They are business owners too, some of them lost their stores in the process of those riots. We need law and order. 

• Mattis is a wolf in sheep's clothing - who is finally showing his true colors. And he's jealous.

• Just another rino. I have no doubt Trump will take care of him like he takes care of anyone who isn't totally on his side. Before you know it, all opposition to Trump and all fake media will be eliminated. Wait and see how great Trump is going to make America when he runs the central government with an iron fist and without demorats or rinos undermining him.

This reply was deleted.