The debate over President Trump's right to nominate a Supreme Court Justice before the pending election has no legal foundation... Under the Constitution, the President may appoint Justices to the Supreme Court as long as he holds the Office of President. The US Senate may confirm his appointments to the Supreme Court as long as they are in session.

Serious legal questions for the 2020 election are before the Courts and more are likely to come... The SCOTUS must have all 9 Justices seated when they hear these cases. A tie vote on any of the election cases could create a Constitutional Crisis as great as the Civil War.

We know there will be additional critical legal challenges to the results of this election... that those legal challenges are likely to be fast-tracked to the SCOTUS for resolution.  The Court needs all 9 Justices to ensure there are no ties in their decisions... adjudication.

If Justice Ginsburg wanted to ensure her replacement on the SCOTUS would follow her judicial philosophy, she should have retired while Pres. Obama was President. However, Justice Ginsburg did not retire.  Instead, she chose to remain on the Court, to promote her judicial agenda on critical social and civil rights issues pending SCOTUS review.  She believed her remaining on the Court was more important than risking her seat going to a moderate Justice.

It is now being reported that she made a 'death bed' request... that her seat remains open, until after the election, knowing that the Court may be called on to settle a disputed election. Understanding, that a Court with 8 justices, evenly divided philosophically, could lead to deadlock and throw the Nation into a serious Constitutional Crisis. She continues to be more concerned with promoting her judicial philosophy than securing the nation from a judicial crisis

The appeal in the MSM and by the Democrats ... is without legal merit.  The dramatizing of this issue is wholly political theater for the consumption of the uninformed and frankly is likely to create a Constitutional Crisis and widespread insurrection.  However, the GOP must not back down, on this issue, as the Court is likely to be a  major player in making decisions that could result in the overturning of the coming election.

Finally, we are standing at a great crossroad and we must not take the wrong path... we must remain adamant about the President's Constitutional DUTY too appoint a Justice to the SCOTUS as quickly as possible, and for the US Senate to confirm that appointment BEFORE THE ELECTION.

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• How anybody can vote for these embarrasingly lame Democrats is way beyond me. With all the help from the media they have had decades of "unable to do anything wrong" situation and the worst pieces of garbage have been empowered to rise to the top of the party and to dominate their philosophies. They are spoiled brats with no power outside of 10% of the US. Most counties support Trump and will be happy to see rioters shot on the spot, they can only destroy their own areas via rioting and burn areas with lousy forest management. I say we cancel them anywhere and everywhere we can find them. They are like the Viet Cong at the Tet Offensive; The US Military chased them all the way to Hanoi and killed so many that the organization never rose again. We need to cancel them until they are just gone and never to arise.

• With regard, and due respect to Judge Ginsburg, I believe in her role as a justice, the Constitution takes presidence over her own personal death bed wishes.  She cannot alter the Constitution of the United States of America with her own personal wish.  Im sure she knew that. 

• When I am dead, please do such and such. That statement has no force to do anything while I'm alive. And, I have no authority to enforce anything when I am dead.

As applied to Ruth Bader Ginsburg, her statement had no force to do anything while she was alive. She ceased to be a Supreme Court Justice at the moment she died ... then she became an ex or former Supreme Court Justice ... no authority vis-a-vis any Supreme Court action. Finally, even if her living statement has authority now, single-handedly altering the US Constitution violates the process of modifying the US Constitution.

Beyond the above, I can't see the US Constitution providing any authority to the Supreme Court regarding the nomination/confirmation process of new Supreme Court Justices.

• The leftist in the MSM will attempt to SHAME the GOP into delaying the appointment of a new Justice to the SCOTUS using the alleged death bed request for leverage.. they have no shame and no moral conscience. They will use any means necessary to get their way... they are worse than any spoiled brat to ever take a breath.

• The President needs to build the case for Martial Law... once it is declared he can deal with the huge volume of arrests that will follow... thousands need to be held accountable and many are in key government offices.... The President needs to focus on the leadership... not the street thugs.  Put away the money behind the insurrection and insurgency... lock up the political arm of the Marxist Party and throw away the key.  To do that he needs real political support and boots on the ground willing to enthusiastically pursue the Swamp... and Marxist insurgents.  He needs to clean out the FBI, DOJ, Congress and the Judiciary.... removing the head of the snake.

• ... build the case". Yes, but not publicly. As in poker, he must not show his hand BEFORE he's re-elected. In other words, the President mustn't do anything now that might jeopardize his re-election. In fact, all the current turmoil is happening to force Trump to show his hand. Not yet Mr. President ... not yet.

• In poker, the rules are known and the participants know what to expect. Marital Law is often misunderstood and depicted as an unconstitutional force of law. The rules for implementing Marital Law are vague and debatable.  The Public needs to understand the basic concept and rules for Martial Law to consent to its use.

Therefore, the President must build the case for the implementation of Martial Law. The President must gain the Public's consent for the use of Martial Law to be successful, as the MSM and the Marxist will be working to have the Public reject and RESIST it.

• We must not forget George Soros and his gang they must be brought to justice!!

• Absolutely, they are the money and power behind the thugs in the street and the traitors in Congress and local government...

• What I would like to know is what is President Trump going to do about all the threats from the left about a civil war, and why aren't these spineless parents of these little brats taking their kids aside and talking some sense into them, when did they care about the safety of their own children?

This reply was deleted.