Replies

• Stan, there is ONLY ONE truth in everything. In all due respect, my money is on these Protestant sources, to prove when and how the Catholic Church started and who started it.1. Handbook of Denominations by Meade,2) Oxford Dictionary of Popes,3)Encyclopedia of Religions,4)Encyclopedia Britannica,5.National Encyclopedia,6) The Illustrated World Encyclopedia versus your sources, again there is always ONE truth and that is what you are searching for, correct?

• Indeed it is.  And so, let's see how this whole thing unfolds.  And may we both be as open as possible to info along The Way.  (And I do get that you are a sincere seeker as well.)

• Nice to hear from a true truthseeker.  Sorry for the typos in my comment above; I dashed it off at midnight and posted it without a thorough check of it; thanks for seeing through to the essence of my comment.  Which is, essentialy, that there is Plan in and Purpose to life beyond just in and for itself only, and it is our job, as 'spiritual beings having a human experience,' to wake up to that fact, andt hen start living as though it were true, and not as though it were not, as so many are doing, largely, at present.  For, who would think to do some of the terrible things that people are doing, if they really understood this - that Life is a school.  Not a mindless experience.  And that there is perfect Justice in the creation, beyond this classroom.  Via the Law of Karma.  But not to get too involved in a spinoff to the subject at hand here.  Keep up your interests.  You are on the right Path.

• I know how you feel. I was once there too. As a young man my mother practiced ESP and metaphysics, my little brother died at the age of 7. I lost all faith in God or what I belived at the time who God was. I started smoking at 12, drank and smoked pot at 13. Dropped out of school at the 7th grade because I was sick of fighting to get on the bus. You see I lived in East Los Angeles and at that time my house was surrounded by 5 mexican gangs. I was a part of the early Nazies known as the family, also known as the peck road Nazis. I was homeless at the age of 16 after spending 2 to 3 years in confinment at the CYA. I didn't care for nothing or nobody. During my confinment at a boys home I was abussed by the diector of the facility. I went in the military and lerned to kill, like I needed to learn how to do that better. All the time here and there I would get a clue or a feeling he was trying to find me. The problem was I didn't care to be found. And one day he appered to me, first as a prophet then as the man Jesus then as a spirit. He told me what I needed to know, and what I needed to hear. In order to be found you first must be lost. Man I was lost. When he did find me the wait of the world lifted from me. He came to me in a daylight dream, wial at work on patrol. Ya, I carried a gun for work, but I cried for three days after, just could not stop. My wife thought I was going insane, until she was shown too. I am not a church goer. I dont believe in the religious church of this earth. Only the body of the church that all of us who believe is apart. If you want to see the face of God, look into the eyes of a child. If you want to see his body look anywere, he is there. Know that science proves the existance of God. If we discover something like the applications of math. Who invented it. It was there before we understood it. All you have to do is believe in him and forgive yourself. It is the guilt you hold onto that convicts you. Forgive yourself and you will be free.

• Keep with it.  Your heart is in the right place.  Your head will follow, in time.  You're just in rejection mode at the moment.  It's all part of a process.  Peace.

• The books in the Bible we're written by the followers of Christ, they knew him, lived with him, followed him.

The church did make decisions on what makes it into the Bible and what gets left out, I wish there was a book of ALL so we could decide for ourselves.

• There are various books of the list Apocrapha. Try Thrift Books and Amazon. Different authors are also available. 

• You are correct in the first part of your analysis of Paul. But the meaning of being a christian cannot be constructed. To be like Christ, to act like Christ, to treet others like Christ is only the construct of God. Not man.

• Sorry bro, but your reply to Loenzo Gonzales shows you should not get so critical on a theological statement. 

• I guess this country is doomed, since the politics of this country is to allow child killings every day.

This reply was deleted.