ADMIN

How is this for obnoxious?

Leftists, one after another, have put a target on country music legend Dolly Parton's back. Her crime against political correctness? Making a Super Bowl ad for Squarespace, an inexpensive website-creating framework for small and start-up businesses.

Here's what enraged them:

"As much as we all love Dolly Parton, it’s still disappointing to hear her literally sing the praises of “working, working, working." thundered a columnist printed at NBC News.

‘One job is no longer enough to survive’: Dolly Parton’s Super Bowl ad glosses over the reality for millions of gig workers, critics say, read the headline at MarketWatch.

A Newsweek columnist began like this

Amid stagnant wages, dwindling retirement savings, skyrocketing health insurance bills, and ever-higher rents, Big Business finally has a way to fix the Dickensian economy.

No, it isn't higher wages, Medicare for All, the promised $2,000 check, or even a whittled-down $1,000 check. Instead, this Super Bowl Sunday, the nation will be told that the long-sought answer is the Great American Side Hustle—the mythical 1099 talisman that will supposedly liberate us from the economic hardship of the low-paying day job.

So Parton, whose own history as an enterprising country music singer, who gained control of her own musical work product over the big boys as a scrappy, freelance artist, which is what the NBC News piece described, is somehow 'bad' for advocating small business entrepreneurship, same as what she herself did to get herself rich and famous. Parton's ad features at least three people happily pursuing their passions as side hustles -- a gardener, a fitness trainer and an artist. Nobody handed Parton her fame and fortune on a plate, she came from the poorest of the poor in fact, as she wended her way, with hard work, stable family, talent, and luck as a small time singer all the way to the top. Yet here we are, now seeing the press condemning such individual initiative.

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• We all know hard work pays off; it's never been a failed policy in the past and it won't be in the future.

• This is the first time I saw the ad.  I haven't watched any pro sports for over 4 years and sure as hell didn't watch the S Bowl.

• Demonrats are angry and hateful people who are never happy with anything. What a bunch of useless snowflakes!

• YES, I can see why that offends the Commie/Dems. because the word WORK is plum evil & Commies should NEVER be required to WORK! Just enjoy the "Welfare" NASTY P., Camel & Brother Bin Hiden will distribute to Illegals & worthless Maggots! Those are the people that need to be "DEPROGRAMMED!"

• Time to destroy all the communists in the country time to take our country back and say loud and clear "One Nation Under God With Liberty and Justices for All "

• Overall, this was the worst Superbowl I have ever seen.  The only way I was able to stay with it is to turn the sound off - between the black millionaires whining about racism, to horrible calls by the referees,  the whole spectacle made me realize this is why I didn't see any games over the past few years.  Shame on the NFL and Goodall, for allowing this !!!!

• Edie, you are correct! Typical DEMS.! K.C. committed many blatant fouls (Stevie Wonder even noticed) & they "Blamed" it on the frefs. Who I thought called a great game. I think K.C. is crying because the American Indian wants to strip the Chiefs Logo & make them the K.C. Looters! Next they'll blame losing on the Old Dominion Machines. Then it'll be because of Trump. If that doesn't work they'll say they got blowed out because Tampa Bay had White Privelege Brady! Suck it up K.C. get "Deprogrammed" find a better attitude & show up & play Real Football!" The DEMS. caused you to lose because they are just that-LOSERS!!

• Why do we allow Leftist Terrorists to push our country around? Revoilt against the Lefts Maoist Political Correctness.It's the very antithesis of free speech!!! It's also the antithesis of FREE THOUGHT!!!...........Which is actually worse!!!!! These Orwellian Freaks need to be PUT DOWN before they PUT US AND FREEDOM DOWN.....................FOREVER!!!!

• I might be upset,had she not already joined their "woke ranks".

This reply was deleted.