ADMIN

5302846479?profile=RESIZE_584x

Something 99% of American voters do not understand.  Congress doesn’t actually write legislation. The last item of legislation written by congress was sometime around the mid 1990’s. Modern legislation is sub-contracted to a segment of operations in DC known as K-Street.  That’s where the lobbyists reside.

Lobbyists write the laws; congress sells the laws; lobbyists then pay congress commissions for passing their laws. That’s the modern legislative business in DC.

CTH often describes the system with the phrase: “There are Trillions at Stake.” The process of creating legislation is behind that phrase. DC politics is not quite based on the ideas that frame most voter’s reference points.

With people taking notice of DC politics for the first time; and with people not as familiar with the purpose of DC politics; perhaps it is valuable to provide clarity.

Most people think when they vote for a federal politician -a House or Senate representative- they are voting for a person who will go to Washington DC and write or enact legislation. This is the old-fashioned “schoolhouse rock” perspective based on decades past. There is not a single person in congress writing legislation or laws.

In modern politics not a single member of the House of Representatives or Senator writes a law, or puts pen to paper to write out a legislative construct. This simply doesn’t happen.

Over the past several decades a system of constructing legislation has taken over Washington DC that more resembles a business operation than a legislative body. Here’s how it works right now.

Outside groups, often called “special interest groups”, are entities that represent their interests in legislative constructs. These groups are often representing foreign governments, Wall Street multinational corporations, banks, financial groups or businesses; or smaller groups of people with a similar connection who come together and form a larger group under an umbrella of interest specific to their affiliation.

Sometimes the groups are social interest groups; activists, climate groups, environmental interests etc. The social interest groups are usually non-profit constructs who depend on the expenditures of government to sustain their cause or need.

The for-profit groups (mostly business) have a purpose in Washington DC to shape policy, legislation and laws favorable to their interests. They have fully staffed offices just like any business would – only their ‘business‘ is getting legislation for their unique interests.

These groups are filled with highly-paid lawyers who represent the interests of the entity and actually write laws and legislation briefs.

In the modern era this is actually the origination of the laws that we eventually see passed by congress. Within the walls of these buildings within Washington DC is where the ‘sausage’ is actually made.

read more here: https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2020/05/23/the-key-reason-dc-hates-president-trump-its-a-big-club-and-he-aint-in-it/

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Am I the only American citizen that gives a damn about the reason for and the importance of the sworn to Oath of Office?

That means that the person sworn in understands and accepts the contract called the United States Constitution and the job duties they are accepting that it represents and that they will perform to the fullest extent of their abilities.

There needs to be a re-definition of the meaning of treason in our Constitution which includes punishment for the violation of the sworn Oath of Office.

• In our dreams....

0?ui=2&ik=c640191f43&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1667682942032635026&th=1724cccccdd56492&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ8nOITBj4e5HMxgBCZH1C94Gr1oiA9-g_jv68J3Xg_VPLwdgJVg3KlTYmgEN6Xlk5RnMPMdLsv5xpPZlYdTHTzBxYYFEb-Is2VyDOmOUGic2w8waK8xvqshxLQ&disp=emb

0?ui=2&ik=c640191f43&attid=0.2&permmsgid=msg-f:1667682942032635026&th=1724cccccdd56492&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ_qpH28573ufHFD5evIgB6GFgys0wa1fCxxPQbiskfr2S0AXEKAXIVEO9cKScTpZROuhpopekVNaNcPCjRzEsbUNGkrPUwjJq8DZv_fcXiLYY1lZj_oeE-Xeow&disp=emb

• There is a better way of posting these links.

• I used the format provided by TPCC.  The problem must be with YOUR computer.  They show up just fine on mine.

• There is NO link.  They're just pics.  What better way is there to do that?   Is that all you do is gripe at everybody on this site?

• This is what I see.  Not a picture...

5404371693?profile=RESIZE_930x

• The level of corruption is unbelievable.  For years I've asked (along with millions of others) why in the world would people spend MILLIONS upon millions of dollars to win a House seat that pays $175-$225 K annually?  We know there's millions being stuffed in politicians' pockets for a 'Yes' vote.  Lobbyists should not EVER be allowed, nor should ANY darned politician be allowed more than 2 terms.  Simply consider the states of NY, CA and IL who are now demanding that the America

n taxpayers bail their sorry XXX out for their financial misdeeds.  Just look at the millions Cuomo poured down the drain (and into scammers pockets).  Remember Solyndra?  Remember the high-speed rail to nowhere in CA?  Billions over budget and nowhere near completion!  Remember the sale of 20% of American uranium deposits and the $135 million that flowed back to the Clintons, all while she was 'serving' under obama....who recently purchased ANOTHER multi-million estate...on the 'rising' ocean at Martha's Vineyard?  We have some of the largest suckers on the planet as they continue to hire these self-serving politicians.

• This reply was deleted.
    • Yeah...it's incredible isn't it?   NEVER before has the word racist ever been attributed to Trump until he starting running for president.  He's also one of the few ex-husbands that never seem to be bashed by his ex-wives.  Even Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson gave him YUGE kudos for helping the black community with jobs, etc.  Actually, Trump DID use to be a.....dare I say it?......DEMOCRAT.  But, the kind of democrat like JFK or Harry Truman.

• Fortunately he has an awesome family that carry the water every time needed.  He may have surpassed Ronald Reagan in love for country which means us.

• Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that "wasn't it nobamma" that went into the presidency stating that we would "get rid of the lobbyists"??  What ever happened to THAT IDEA???  It's time to take this idea to task and for the American people to insist that this be done!!!!  The snakes in the swamp need to be FIRED!!!! 

This reply was deleted.