ADMIN

7901100270?profile=RESIZE_710x

The “Defund the Police” movement gained significant momentum in major Democrat-run cities across the country in the aftermath of the death of George Floyd on May 25th.

Cities like New York, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Portland, and Seattle all rushed to declare their solidarity with radical Black Lives Matter protesters and rioters, with some city councils taking concrete steps to slash funding for police officers while at the same time enjoying taxpayer-funded security for themselves.

The Austin, Texas city council was another Democrat-led city that jumped on board the “defund the police” express over the summer, voting last month to slash funding for the Austin PD by 34% – or up to $150,000,000. The city of Dallas plans on following suit.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) has not been amused by any of this and has explored ways to stop efforts by other cities in the state from doing what Austin and Dallas have done. On Thursday, he unveiled a proposal that would punish any city that voted to cut funds from their police departments by essentially defunding the cities themselves:

On the heels of the Austin City Council’s move to cut police spending, Gov. Greg Abbott and other state leaders unveiled a proposal Thursday that would strip cities of annexation powers if local officials cut police department budgets.

“Cities that defund their police departments will forever lose their annexation powers, and any areas and any residents that have ever been annexed by that city in the past will have the power to vote to disannex them from the city,” Abbott said in a news conference at the Austin Police Association headquarters.

It’s the second legislative proposal by the governor to put pressure on cities that move to reduce police spending. Last month, Abbott proposed to withhold property tax revenue growth from local governments.

[…]

“Combined together, all of these proposals will make it basically financially impossible to defund law enforcement,” Abbott said. “It should leave Austin with no choice but to restore the cuts that they’ve already made to law enforcement.”

Police groups in Texas are not taking Austin’s and Dallas’s actions lightly, either:

Austin’s and Dallas’ defunding actions are prompting other counteractions. The Texas Municipal Police Association this week put up billboards along I-35 north and south of Austin that read: Warning! Austin Police Defunded. Enter At Your Own Risk!

Abbott has promoted the group’s message on his Twitter page and has tweeted other messages of support for officers around the state as well:

read more here: https://www.redstate.com/sister-toldjah/2020/09/11/texas-gov-greg-abbott-turns-the-tables-proposes-defunding-cities-that-defund-the-police/?utm_source=rsafternoonbriefing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl&bcid=54e2ba7df376845982b7a23b8c677baf

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Abbot bit into the Covid-mask fraud hook, line, and sinker. But that mistake can be remedied, with the determination he is showing here.

• All governors should fallow Texas their job is to protect all their citizens 

• I can't force seemingly intelligent stupid people to accept the truth. STUPID:REFUSING TO LEARN OR ACCEPT FACT !  However here are the FACTS IN UNITED SNAKES LAW!!! THE UNITED STATES IS A "PRIVATELY OWNED FOREIGN CORPORATION FOR PROFIT" AS ESTABLISHED IN LAW BY THE LEGISLATIVE ACT OF FEBRUARY 21ST 1871 41ST CONGRESS SESSION 3 CHAPTER 62 PAGE 419 AND CHARTERED "UNITED STATES ie UNITED STATES aka U.S. INCORPORATED A COMMERCIAL AGENCY ORIGINALLY DESIGNATED AS WASHINGTON D.C. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE 14TH AMENDMENT WHICH THE RECORDS INDICATE WAS NEVER RATIFIED. THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT IS A FOREIGN CORPORATION WITH RESPECT TO THE STATE 19 CORPUS JURIS SECONDOM 541 LOCATION OF THE UNITED STATES . THE UNITED STATES IS LOCATED IN THE DISTRICT OF COLOMBIA THE SECRETARY OF THE TREASURY OF PUERTO RICO WAS APPOINTED THE RECEIVER OF THE BANKRUPT UNITED STATES IN THE RE ORGANIZATION PLAN NUMBER 26 IN 1950 TITLE 5 UNITED STATES CODE SECTION 903 PUBLIC LAW 94-564 THE SECRETARY OF THE TREASURY OF PURE TO RICO TITLE 27 FEDERAL CODE OF REGULATION SECTION 251.11 THE TITLE THE SECRETARY OF THE TREASURY IS A UFAMISTIC ABBREVIATION OF THE ACTUAL TITLE SECRETARY OF THE TREASURY OF PUERTO RICO . THE INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE WAS INCORPORATED IN DELAWARE AND IS NOT A PART OF THE SUPPOSED U.S. GOVT. WHICH IS A DE FACTO FOR PROFIT CORPORATION MASQUERADING AS A GOVT. THE INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE IS NOT REGISTERED TO DO BUSINESS IN ANY STATE !LOCAL GOVT.S ARE CORPORATIONS AND PRIVATE COMPANY'S. THE IRS IS THE BOOK KEEPING AND DEBT COLLECTION ARM OF THE SECRETARY OF THE TREASURY OF PUERTO RICO THAT COLLECTS FOR THE INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND .EVERY ONE IN THE ADMINISTRATION & THE CONGRESS & THE LEGISLATION ALL THE WAY DOWN TO OUR LOCAL GOVERNMENTS ARE PRIVATE CORPORATIONS FOR PROFIT.IN 1871 WHEN THE UNITED STATES BECAME INCORPORATED THEY ATTACHED OUR BIRTH CERTIFICATES TO A QUSIP NUMBER ON THE STOCK EXCHANGE WHICH MEANS THEY HAVE MADE SLAVES OUT OF US AND IS DONE EVERY TIME A BABY IS BORN AND ISSUED A BIRTH CERTIFICATE. THERE IS A BOND TRUST ACCOUNT SET UP(THIS IS WHY ALL BIRTH CERTIFICATES ARE ON BANK BOND PAPER) AND THEY TRADE US ON THE STOCK MARKET WHICH EQUALS SLAVE TRADE.IN 1871 THEY UNKNOWINGLY TO THE PEOPLE RE WROTE THE CONSTITUTION.IN 1933 THEY IMPLEMENTED THE EMERGENCY BANKING ACT MAKING IT ILLEGAL TO OWN GOLD AND SILVER BULLION. THEY HAVE ALSO IMPLEMENTED THE WAR POWERS ACT & THE TRADING WITH THE TRADING WITH THE ENEMY ACT(we are the enemy's). THERE ARE MORE THAN 37,000 SUBSIDIARIES OF THE U.S. GOVT. CORPORATION AS PRIVATELY OWNED FOREIGN CORPORATIONS. ALL THE ALPHABET GANGS THE FBI THE CIA THE BATF THE EPA THE SUPREME COURT ETC... ARE ALL PRIVATELY OWNED FOREIGN CORPORATIONS FOR PROFIT OWNED BY THE CROWN BANK OF ENGLAND aka the ROTHSCHILDS THESE ARE ALL DOCUMENTED FACTS IN U.S. LAW(STATUTES) AND SUPREME COURT RULINGS !!! I DON'T EXPECT YOU TO FULLY UNDERSTAND ALL THIS . HOWEVER I WOULD HOPE THAT THIS DISTURBS YOU ENOUGH TO RESEARCH THE FACTS I HAVE PRESENTED SO YOU WILL SEE FOR YOURSELF THAT I AM TELLING THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH. ALSO SO MAYBE THEN YOU CAN UNDERSTAND WHY I SAY THIS COUNTRY IS FULL OF COWARDS MURDERERS AND SATANIST. Americans do not now or ever have owed taxes!!! We have been lied to and all these Governors Mayors Judges and Liars I mean Lawyers no I mean liars know the FACTS I have pointed out . I challenge all you IGNORANT (just not knowing) people to research everything I pointed out . Then I want you all to spread the word!!! Stop being BRAIN DEAD FOOLS!!! These corporate governments and politicians are all thieves and criminals!!! They are INCOMPETENT and BANKRUPT!!!
    THESE ARE ALL DOCUMENTED FACTS EASILY TO RESEARCH AND FIND THAT I'M TELLING THE TRUTH AND THIS IS NOT THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD THIS COUNTRY IS A SHITHOLE MAGGOT CESSPOOL RUN BY SATAN. WE USED TO BE THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD BUT WE TURNED OUR BACK ON GOD HELL WE HAVE MURDERED (ABORTED) OVER 1.7 MILLION BABIES AND NOW WE'VE MADE IT LEGAL FOR IT NOT TO BE MURDER THE MURDER OF CHILD THE DAY OF BIRTH OR THE DAY AFTER BIRTH IF THE PARENT DECIDES THEY DON'T WANT TO KEEP IT.SO DON'T COME PREACHING TO ME ABOUT THIS BEING THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD.THE ONLY WAY THIS COUNTRY WILL EVER BE THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD AGAIN IS WHEN ALL THESE GOD DAMN COWARD AMERICANS GET UP AND TAKE THIS GOVERNMENT OUT . THEN ARREST THEM ALL AND GIVE THEM A FIRE TRIAL HANG THEM BY THE NECK UNTIL DEAD AND LEAVE THEM FOR THE BUZZARDS TO EAT THROW ALL SATAN WORSHIPERS OUT OF THIS COUNTRY AND NOT ALLOW THEM BACK IN THAT'S JUST THE WAY I SEE IT. Before 1913 and the NON-FEDERAL RESERVE we had an Army Navy & Marines, we had colleges paved roads and no taxes and had billions in reserves. We had no taxes of any kind whatsoever!!! Our reserve where the product of tarrifs on from other countries selling their products in America. WAKE UP PEOPLE??? OR STAY A DAMN BRAIN DEAD SLAVE!!!

• Anyone with half a brain won't bother to read your shouting rants with lousy punctuation and no paragraphs.

Learn to type, punctionate, proper sentence and paragraph structure and maybe you will get somewhere with your rants.

• I tried to tell him. Rewrote his previous post. Doesn't get it. No one can read this mess. 

• I support the governor 100%

• I support Abbot also. And if Trump defunded the states that didn't stop the violence as he said he would do, that would be a great double whammy.

• You are a traitor to all Americans!!! You have no idea what the law is or you are complicit with the fraud and theft by all U.S. Governments !!! Do the necessary research that I have provided and wake up or stay a brain dead slave!!!

• Police are out of control in this country!!! We need police like we had when I was a child!!! Not the power tripping punk revenue corporation cops we have (revenue keepers ) today!!!USING THE SAME FBI UNIFORM CRIME REPORT AS USED ON CITIZENS FROM 2005 -2012 THERE WERE 6,596 POLICE ARRESTED 802 MULTIPLE TIMES 1,219SEX RELATED WITH MORE THAN HALF THE VICTIMS BEING 17 YEARS OLD & YOUNGER 388 FORCED FONDLING 355 FORCED RAPE 1,019 ABUSE OF POWER OATH VIOLATIONS 846 DRUG RELATED 227 MULTIPLE TIMES & THE FED.GOVT DOESN'T COLLECT DATA ON MOST POLICE ARREST OR CONVICTIONS. HOWEVER ACCORDING TO THE "POLICE CRIME DATA BASE 8,006 POLICE ARRESTS RESULTING IN 13,623 CHARGES INVOLVING 6,596 COPS LESS THAN 1% CHARGED WITH MURDER ARE CONVICTED BUT 90% OF CITIZENS CONVICTED "RED FLAG" "ALERT ALERT ALERT"??? WTF??? EVERY 7 HOURS COPS KILL AMERICAN CITIZENS (DOES NOT COUNT ILLEGALS)??? COSTING TAX PAYERS $1,800,000,000 EACH YEAR .POLICE WERE SURVEYED RESULTING IN THEIR OWN ADMISSION: 43% BREAK THE LAW IN DUTY 52% TURN A BLIND EYE 61%DON'T ALWAYS REPORT SEVERE ABUSE OF POWER & 84% WITNESS ABUSE OF POWER !!! POLICE ARE OUT OF CONTROL IN THIS COUNTRY !!! MY UNCLE WAS (DECEASED NOW)RETIRED SHERIFF OVER 30 YEARS MY COUSIN CHIEF GAME WARDEN NOW RETIRED IS NOW PASTOR OF CHURCH . NONE OF THESE STATISTICS COVERED FED LAW ENFORCEMENT.FACT! Another thing if police had to carry their own Mal-practice insurance and were investigated for alleged violation's by a jury of their peers there would thousands of them in jail & on death row!!!

• I think the governor should tell the people of his state that anyone defending their property, someone else property, or lives, with deadly force will be pardoned if they are charged with a crime anywhere inside a defunded city.  If the city government isn't even going to make an effort to protect the citizens then the citizens should have the right to protect themselves and their property.

This reply was deleted.