ADMIN

50 Hilarious memes about Joe Biden thant will make you laugh out loud

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) blocked the quick confirmation of dozens of State Department nominees on Wednesday morning, guaranteeing that they will stay in limbo until next month when the Senate returns from its summer break.

Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman Robert Menendez (D-N.J.) and Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) tried to get the nominations confirmed at the end of an all-night session before the Senate left Washington, D.C., until mid-September.

In a floor back-and-forth that lasted roughly 50 minutes, and wrapped just before 6 a.m., Menendez and then Murphy went one-by-one through the list of State Department nominees trying to get consent to confirm them.

Each time they were blocked by Cruz, though Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) also got in on the action and blocked one of the nearly 30 nominees: Brian Nichols's nomination to be an assistant secretary of State for western hemisphere affairs.

read more:

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/567292-cruz-blocks-bidens-state-department-nominees-ahead-of-senate-break

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• A true and fine example of a Volunteer Citizen Statesman!

Lynn Bryant DeSpain

• Good for you Cruz

• Isn't it strange how politicians always try to push legislation that and nominations who they know will be contriversial in the middle of the night?  Do they really think they are hiding what they are doing? 

Good for Cruz and Lee for blocking the actions.

• it's about time.

• I'm glad to see that there are some honest people in government.

• Growing up our neighbors had a pet monkey that walked the same as Biden. Turned out it was a combination of Hemorrhoids and Jock Itch! I noticed Pelosi walks the same way! The question I keep asking myself is, "What's Nancy doing wearing Joe's Jock?"

Lynn Bryant DeSpain

This reply was deleted.