ADMIN

New York has contained the virus recently even as it surges in other parts of the country

New York City teachers took to the streets of Lower Manhattan on Monday afternoon to protest Mayor Bill de Blasio's proposed plan to reopen schools in just over a month's time.

Around 200 educators got creative and brought along a host of visual aids including homemade coffins, skeletons and guillotines to make their point - that they don't feel schools are safe to go back to, yet.

The protesters consisted of a mix of educators, parents and students who marched from the United Federation of Teachers Headquarters to the NYC Department of Education offices, chanting 'We demand safe schools!' and 'Hey-hey, ho-ho, Bill de Blasio has got to go!' 

One group carried a guillotine with the initials 'DOE' on the blade along with 'US' where a head would normally be while others carried coffin-like boxes and body bags. 

'Children cannot focus on schoolwork if their family members or teachers are in the hospital or dying,' said Frankie Cook,  a kindergarten teacher to the New York Post. 'Children cannot learn if they're dead.

'Schools will be like prisons. Teachers' main focus will be on enforcing health and safety because one slip could cause someone their lives,' Cook said. 

read more:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8589357/U-S-teachers-protest-reopening-schools-coronavirus-lurks.html

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• At the time of our founding, new towns and cities erected Townhalls that were used as civic centers of government and served as the schoolhouse and Church until a separate schoolhouse and Church were built.  Many Church buildings also served a dual function as a public schoolhouse during the week and a Church on Sunday. 

The false doctrine of separation of Church and State... was not practiced and religious service and Godly order were the underpinning force in our communities in the colonies.  Most of the civic functions and entertainment of the local communities were organized around the religious functions and sacraments of the local church. 

Pastors were both religious and civic leaders... one had a difficult time in recognizing the separation of the local communities civil authority and religious leadership.    The overpowering force of the Christian faith was the heartbeat of communities everywhere in our colonial days.   God was honored in every function of the colonial governments.

• That is the equal of the early Hebrews. The chosen, or Ekklesia, met at the gate, the seat of authority, for all contracts to be agreed upon and witnessed. This is still what the church is to do, using prayer, binding, loosing, decreeing, declaring, as in Matth. 18.

• The Aiken Bible was put in the schools. The New England Primer taught about Jesus while teaching the alphabet. 

• Selfish Buffoons.

• Wil you all get real?

Teachers are subject to the governing authorities, whether those be Chairs, Deans, Administration, President of the College or Principle of the school.

YES, it goes back to the textbooks, but the Dept of Ed is the highest governing authority. The things that are being shoved down our throats come from on top, not from the bottom.

If enabling is part of the desires of a college, they call it Equity, and shove it down our throats.
    If reverse racism is part of the desires of a college, they call it Diversity, and shove it down our throats.

YES, there are plenty of teachers and Professors who have been brainwashed in the pursuit of their Master's degree. I would call that a head of the snake at the local level, as it teaches the marxist John Dewey as the idol of education. A Master's program resulting in a Master of Ed is complete and utter bullsh*t. It is all Marxist theory x10.

WE need Christians who understand world views and see through the levels of deception, to write textbooks.
    WE need the Dept of Ed to promote biblical world views and reject every type of leanring that came after the 50's.
    The rules and regulations on high school teachers and their enabling is pathetic. 
    The dogma shoved down our throats in college is evil.

But we did not start this. We do not act on our own. We are subject to scruitiny, reviews, classroom observations, required "workshops/training".
    There is ALWAYS a higher authority and we are NOT it. 

• The response to the garbage being top driven is UNION's or ORGANIZATIONS of teachers who refuse to accept such anal curriculums.  Teachers need to reinvent the PTA... parent-teachers association, infusing it with the necessary power thru student/parent walkouts ... (strikes)... demanding reforms and a return to teaching students to use critical thinking and the classical educational curriculum as the basis of their education... eliminate the social justice and political correctness indoctrination and add the essential elements of a classical education... reading, writing, mathematics, history, civics, the arts, hard sciences, languages, and healthy competitive sports, mixed with social activities/clubs that promote the traditional Judeo/Christian ethic for social interaction.  Take the 1950 - 60 instructional syllabus and curriculum, tweak it for today's electronic and technological advances and dump Common Core and its underlying failures to require excellence in its students... the promotion of self-esteem over academic performance.

• And when there is NO union, like in my school?  The Board of Directors sets the values to which the President is part of. Then to Administration, Then to Deans. Then to Chairs. Then to Faculty. 

THAT is the chain of command. Where do I fit? At the BOTTOM.
      The HARD truth is that PARENTS are NOT involved at all in overseeing what the Principals are deciding behind closed doors. Christians are NOT involved in writing better textbooks. Patriots are NOT involved in writing a mass demand on Betsy DeVos to set new agendas in education that throw out common core and globalist decisions on what is moral or not , and to restore to us true liberal education with American history, civics, math, grammar, script/cursive writing, gym, arts, music, languages, European history, and more. 

Choruses of "blame the teachers"  SURE, there are plenty of lousy atheist teachers, educated by the universities in marxist curricula. THAT is where the change must happen.

Whe I began my Master's program it was at a university that I could write my own program, like I did for my BA. Even though it was a self-designed program, I was still FORCED to take my 1st course as an online discussion forum and it was complete John Dewey marxist education/propaganda. I coun't stand it. I had no choice. I was even forced in my own self-designed program to fight for my right to have control over my course goals. I had to fight for what was actually promised that I could do. Most faculty are not in self-designed programs, those are rare.

Even if a bold teacher stood up against dogma, he or she would be fired, and so what good would come from that? I have seen a faculty have Promotion removed—
      I have seen a high school teacher fired for unproven allegations, and nothing was allowed, no face the accuser. He didn't even know who the accuser was. He had no rights. Not from his union.
      Not from his Principal. Not from his fellow faculty. No one was allowed to speak for him and he was not allowed to speak for himself. He was just fired. A good man. Bible believing. 

An individual alone cannot change this problem. Only groups of activists, like the enemy has, can change things. How many of YOU ALL know how much common core is in your schools? How many of YOU all know what is in the textbooks in your public schools?

I have the freedom in MY classroom to be as underhanded in my truthtelling as I can, given time. Others do not. I do enough in my outside service to more than compensate for my lack of compliance with Diversity, Equty and Alignment, that it does not matter for me. I still look good on paper and in the classroom, because I have to be sly. I am saying the hand on us is heavy.

In a faculty workshop, I spoke about God as being my Guide and standard. I speak. Like in my classroom. 

A workshop for faculty in October is dedicated to the complete and total destruction and slander of who Christopher Columbus was. I listened to the video that accompanies the book. And it is pure evil.  Did I have anything to do with choosing that workshop? Promoting that workshop? Accepting that workshop as an offering. NO. All I can do is not attend or support it. 

Do you think I can take on an entire college? Administration? Board of Directors?  Please tell me how. While all of you sit. What have YOU done?

• There needs to be a reawakening... a quickening of the Parent/Teacher relationship that binds both together in an inseparable union too take on the Marxist and radical liberals who have destroyed our Public Schools.   The professional leadership must come from the Teachers... willing to coach and encourage parent participation, to show the parent the way to reform thru the use of Parent student STRIKES... demanding curriculum and educational methods be reformed... returned to the classical forms of education that have worked for centuries.

What recourse will a Principal or Superintendant have against a walkout (strike) by Parents/students and Teachers... the enemy is known, the methods to remove them are understood ... the organization and execution of such reform movements are all that is missing.  Let us start today to encourage such a movement ... for we dare not let the Public Schools continue down the road to failure and the destruction of our children's future...

• I would love to see that happen. Any kind of pushback is desperately needed. From on the inside, I see Antifa as the excuse for the push for one mindset getting worse and it already was pretty bad. It just takes a large enough minority I believe. At the lower levels, that is possible.Thank you.

• P/S  I don't envy the professional teachers of today... especially, those whose life is firmly ensconced in the arms of Christ... as they are all to often asked to betray their faith and their students.  The remedy is a difficult and dangerous one for their security and financial well being... as the Teacher will find no support for reform among their own... their Union or Professional leadership.  Instead, the teachers need to organize outside of their Union.... a Parent Teachers Association that is powerful enough to shut down schools while they go on strike... removing their children from school until the administration amend their curriculum and teaching methods to more closely align with the sound practices of our forefathers and the parents will for a classical education... of true value.

This reply was deleted.