ADMIN

New York has contained the virus recently even as it surges in other parts of the country

New York City teachers took to the streets of Lower Manhattan on Monday afternoon to protest Mayor Bill de Blasio's proposed plan to reopen schools in just over a month's time.

Around 200 educators got creative and brought along a host of visual aids including homemade coffins, skeletons and guillotines to make their point - that they don't feel schools are safe to go back to, yet.

The protesters consisted of a mix of educators, parents and students who marched from the United Federation of Teachers Headquarters to the NYC Department of Education offices, chanting 'We demand safe schools!' and 'Hey-hey, ho-ho, Bill de Blasio has got to go!' 

One group carried a guillotine with the initials 'DOE' on the blade along with 'US' where a head would normally be while others carried coffin-like boxes and body bags. 

'Children cannot focus on schoolwork if their family members or teachers are in the hospital or dying,' said Frankie Cook,  a kindergarten teacher to the New York Post. 'Children cannot learn if they're dead.

'Schools will be like prisons. Teachers' main focus will be on enforcing health and safety because one slip could cause someone their lives,' Cook said. 

read more:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8589357/U-S-teachers-protest-reopening-schools-coronavirus-lurks.html

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• You would find no disagreement from me on that score. If I am not mistaken I think religious entities can set hiring rules for teachers that concur with their religious beliefs. It would seem ludicrous for an out homosexual to teach in a Christian school where a lesson might be given on the biblical prohibitions of homosexual acts. Or hiring a man who is 'married' to another man to teach in support of marriage between a man and a woman. I do have to wonder how a teacher in a Christian school can be pregnant one day and after an abortion present to her class days later that she terminated the birth. But then we do appear to be living in a topsy turvy society.

• Diane... 

As of June 15th of this year it became illegal to fire a LGBTQ person regardless of the employer or their religious beliefs.  See: https://religionnews.com/2020/06/15/supreme-court-rules-that-federa... 

"(RNS) — The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that LGBTQ people are protected from discrimination under Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act on Monday (June 15) in a landmark opinion that makes employment discrimination against LGBTQ persons illegal in all 50 states and has important implications for religious organizations."  Extracted from Religious News Service article link above.

“An employer who fires an individual merely for being gay or transgender violates Title VII,” wrote Justice Gorsuch in the majority opinion in the case of Bostock v. Clayton County. He was joined by Chief Justice John Robert along with Justices Kagan, Sotomayor, and Ginsburg.

Supreme Court rules that federal law protects LGBTQ persons from employment discrimination
      (RNS) — The Court ruled that LGBTQ people are protected from discrimination under Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, making employment discrimin…
    • I was aware of that desision but I also found the following exception:

"However, because LGBTQ persons are now included under the “sex” category of Title VII, it is unclear whether these exemptions are still understood to permit religious organizations to discriminate on the basis of LGBTQ status." 

"This decision doesn’t change the fact that faith-based employers can prefer people of their same faith, and that may mean they have freedom to not hire LGBTQ people," said Jennifer Pizer, law and policy director at an LGBTQ civil rights organization called Lambda Legal"That’s a question we don’t know the answer to."

Gorsuch's opinion recognizes the Title VII exception for religious organizations, saying, "We are also deeply concerned with preserving the promise of the free exercise of religion enshrined in our Constitution; that guarantee lies at the heart of our pluralistic society.”

I still find it rediculous that a heterosexual male who is a transvestite, a transgender, and is married to a woman, is somehow discriminated against due to his sex. His birth sex is the same and except for his fetishism his behavior is the primary question, not his sex. 

As far as I am concerned the LGBTQ grouping has nothing to do with physical sex but are behavioral issues.

If I attended church and a man in a dress was at the pulpit I would turn around and exit not because his sex is male but because of his behavior which is contrary to biblical tenets.

• Here what Justice Gorsuch says in his majority opinion, his answer is clear...

“An employer who fires an individual merely for being gay or transgender violates Title VII,” wrote Justice Gorsuch in the majority opinion in the case of Bostock v. Clayton County. He was joined by Chief Justice John Roberts along with Justices Kagan, Sotomayor and Ginsburg.

"Today, we must decide whether an employer can fire someone simply for being homosexual or transgender," wrote Gorsuch. "The answer is clear. An employer who fires an individual for being homosexual or transgender fires that person for traits or actions it would not have questioned in members of a different sex. Sex plays a necessary and undisguisable role in the decision, exactly what Title VII forbids."

Russell Moore, president of the Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention, said in a statement: "The ruling also will have seismic implications for religious liberty, setting off potentially years of lawsuits and court struggles, about what this means, for example, for religious organizations with religious convictions about the meaning of sex and sexuality."

For more see: https://religionnews.com/2020/06/15/supreme-court-rules-that-federa...

I stand corrected... it appears that further litigation will be used to wear down the right for religious communities to hire those individuals who are compatible with their doctrine...   this case however still presents serious problems for private companies owned by deeply religious persons who find it reprehensible to employ open sinners and in fact such employment is contrary to scripture as we are not to associate with open sin if we are to follow scripture.

Supreme Court rules that federal law protects LGBTQ persons from employment discrimination
      (RNS) — The Court ruled that LGBTQ people are protected from discrimination under Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, making employment discrimin…
    • Thanks Col. Nelson. I wish the supremes had addressed the issue of religious rights and therefore exceptions for I fear this argument will forever be presented to the high court. The court seems to have kicked the can down the road. A cowardly act.

• There is no such protection for me as a Christian in the classroom. These Justices need to be thrown out somehow. Nor for anyone who professes in the public square, throws it in people's faces, that they are heterosexual and biblical. 

• This is what is teaching our kids and the reason for all the dummies rioting. 

• http://stopthecrime.net/wp/category/vaccines/

VACCINES – StopTheCrime
  • https://www.brighteon.com/a7df4179-b2ed-449d-a1c9-d9daccb38e4b

2003 Movie - Virus Outbreak - Parallel to Covid-19
    The 2003 movie “Virus Outbreak” parallels the Covid-19 pandemic in many details including discovering hydroxychloroquine as the silver bullet treatme…
  • An old adage: those who can do, those who can't teach. 

This reply was deleted.