ADMIN

Supreme Court Rejects Texas Case for Lack of Standing

Supreme Court election case makes false claim about Detroit ballots

“Texas has not demonstrated a judicially cognizable interest in the manner in which another State conducts its elections.”

The U.S. Supreme Court has issued a ruling in Texas’ lawsuit challenging election procedures in Pennsylvania, Georgia, Michigan, and Wisconsin. The lawsuit divided the nation, with roughly half the states supporting and opposing the lawsuit, respectively.

The Court just denied Texas’ request to file a Bill of Complaint. Justices Alito and Thomas would have granted it, but denied any additional relief.

Here’s the Order:

155, ORIG. TEXAS V. PENNSYLVANIA, ET AL.

The State of Texas’s motion for leave to file a bill of complaint is denied for lack of standing under Article III of the Constitution. Texas has not demonstrated a judicially cognizable interest in the manner in which another State conducts its elections. All other pending motions are dismissed as moot.

Statement of Justice Alito, with whom Justice Thomas joins: In my view, we do not have discretion to deny the filing of a bill of complaint in a case that falls within our original jurisdiction. See Arizona v. California, 589 U. S. ___ (Feb. 24, 2020) (Thomas, J., dissenting). I would therefore grant the motion to file the bill of complaint but would not grant other relief, and I express no view on any other issue.

read more: https://legalinsurrection.com/2020/12/u-s-supreme-court-denies-texas-lawsuit-for-lack-of-standing/

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The American people are going to change their attutudes about life if Biden become President. Biden is own by the CCP!!! We're going to have blood in the streets, I'm affraid. American has always been rule by law, I'm affraid that must end. The American people believe in God, the CCP believes they are god.

• Hey! Paul, once again I like your perspective keep up the good work my friend.

• Any extra-Constitutional means to remove a sitting President is unlawful... there is only two ways to remove an inaugurated President... a man who has been given and takes the oath of office for President is only subject to removal by IMPEACHMENT and the 25th Amendment.

We must stick to the Constitutional means to remove the President... No statute or extra-Constitutional means may be used to remove the President. The 25th Amendment is to be used if an individual becomes President by fraud, is found unqualified to be the President, or becomes unfit for office. 

• May I recommend you for the Supreme Court?

I'd like to see some justice done.

• I have always believed it was time to put non-lawyers on the SCOTUS... citizens whose love of the law and justice would offset the bureaucratic dogma of picayune lawyers who have no idea what it is to be a laborer, small businessman, or farmer, struggling under the burden of an overly criminalized and litigious society.

• Have to be careful what we ask for... if they don't have to be lawyers, then can they be disbarred lawyers?    So, then we have both clintons and both obamas.

Wouldn't that be special?

• The prospect of either scoundels in the Supreme Court does have a chilling effect. But that does not change the proposition really. Neither you or I or anyone else but one person selects Supreme Court candidates with the advise and consent of the Senate. That person is the President. He can propose appointment with my idea in mind independently of what others think.

What would be really special is that all the compromised office holders that are revealing themselves as so, by flatly not performing their Constitutional duties sworn to by oath, would be recalled, termed out or primaried out.

Now that would be special.

• If the expression "The Judges" in Artcle 3 section 1 does not expressly describe lawyers, or lawyers that have been previously appointed judgeships, I see no problem either, but rather benefit. These seven have research staffing of legal clerks.

• I agree with your urging for presistance, but I have seen how fair and impartial justice has been recently administered in this country. 

Biden would never be legally removed. It would take a fatal action.

• Well, Joe Biden was the vice president why wasn't he removed from office same with Obama?

This reply was deleted.