ADMIN

USA and China Trade War - Could this Be the Next Big Cyberwar?

A group of Stanford University professors has asked the Justice Department to stop looking for Chinese spies at U.S. universities, joining an effort by human rights groups to end a Trump administration program they said caused racial profiling and was terrorizing some scientists.

The "China Initiative," launched in late 2018, aimed to prevent U.S. technology theft by China but has since "deviated significantly from its claimed mission," according to a Sept. 8 letter signed by 177 Stanford faculty members and made public by them on Monday.

"(I)t is harming the United States' research and technology competitiveness and it is fueling biases that, in turn, raise concerns about racial profiling," the letter said.

That letter is now being supported by about 140 University of California, Berkeley professors who have signed on since late last week, according to Randy Schekman, Berkeley professor and Nobel prize winner for physiology or medicine.

read more:

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/stanford-professors-urge-us-end-program-looking-chinese-spies-academia-2021-09-13/

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Why would anyone invite known convicted serial rapist to sleep with their Minor Daughters?

Lynn Bryant DeSpain

• To me it seems an admission that there are Chinese spys in the Universities.  I think it is time to justg say no to any applications from Chinese people for VISA's.  There is no way for us to know these individuals intentions.

• What many average Americans don't know or understand about these non-resident Chinese students attending our US institutions of higher learning on visas is that most of them are funded by the Chinese Communist Party and their loyalty is to them alone. And more importantly, the CCP also believes that any intellectual or other property that they may have access to and steal also belongs to the CCP to use as it will to advance its ideological objectives. To these communists there is no such thing as theft, because there is no such thing as property in the CCP ideological worldview.

• These student are told to pair off and assist professors working on inovated projects

• A complete and open audit of Taxpayers dollars needs to be always authorized. Any denial raises suspicion.

Lynn Bryant DeSpain

• Don't look here we have nothing to hide....... !

• Should increase the number of investigators.  Each Prof. Officer, aide, whatever should be question under rules of perjury  . They will lie to protect their own.  

This reply was deleted.