ADMIN

8777395261?profile=RESIZE_710x

Roberta Jacobson, President Biden’s top official for border issues who has been grappling with large increases of migrants attempting to cross into the U.S., will step down at month’s end after 100 days on the job, the White House announced Friday.

Jacobson, a highly regarded former U.S. ambassador to Mexico and career diplomat, said in an interview that she had always intended to serve for 100 days and believes she can leave as the Biden administration has built up teams to work on the immigration issue, including root causes in the home countries of many migrants.

Vice President Kamala Harris was recently appointed by Biden to oversee diplomacy with those countries — El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras — and the U.S. Agency for International Development is setting up an as-yet-unannounced special task force for Central America, according to people familiar with the matter.

“It had never been my intention to return to government,” Jacobson told The Times on Friday. She had retired on May 5, 2018, in part because of disagreement with then-President Trump. “But sometimes you get the call that you can’t refuse.”

She agreed to become Biden’s border czar shortly after he was inaugurated. “It was always going to be 100 days,” she said. Her official departure is at the end of April.

Jake Sullivan, Biden’s national security advisor, said Jacobson will step down having helped to “usher in a more safe, secure, and just approach to our southern Border.”

read more here: https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2021-04-09/biden-border-coordinator-stepping-down

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• IMPEACH 46!

• I wish Joe and the rest of his administration would step down. 

• Me to also

• it's never going to happen because they want power.

• What Biden AND Harris are doing is TREASON against the United States of America:

1. Deliberately encouraging/inviting and allowing unaccompanied children to INVADE our country (by the Biden/Harris administration) ... TREASON.
    2. Bringing COVID into the United States of America ... 15% among the unaccompanied children. Endangering USA citizens (by the Biden/Harris administration) is TREASON against the US of A.
    3. Abandoning (dumping) those unaccompanied children. That's a crime against humanity. If the USA Supreme Court arrogantly won't hear these charges against the Biden/Harris administration, perhaps they should be presented to the UN's International Court of Justice. Deadly serious. 
    4. P.S. Those who refuse to listen (the Supremes, Kamala, and maybe the UN) are afraid to hear truth so they run away ... cowards.
    • I know we have some good attorneys on TPO. Too, I know that Attorneys Rudy Giuliani and Lin Wood are fighters. They need to know that they have backing (from us,etc.) ... that they're not standing alone. Who here can/will pass my post to them ... broker a connection (please)? I'm an ex New Yorker ... Rudy was Mayor.

Its fight time folks ... nice guys finish last!

• Agree

• Kamala Harris avoids border, travels to Chicago for a slice of cake. In the mean time Biden's Border Czar Jacobson, a highly regarded former U.S. ambassador to Mexico and career diplomat resigns. She said in an interview that she had become completely neutered and powerless when Biden ordered Harris to oversee the massive Border Crisis he created on Day 1 by eliminating President Trumps policies. It's impossible to provide the US any meaningful Immigration Policy and or Plan with the Borders wide open, overrun and Harris who's missing in action. When questioned on her progress, Harris completely ignores the question or just cackles incessantly. It's quite apparent she has no idea how to negotiate with anyone let alone a Foreign Nation! My career has been up to this point highly regarded and effective, but I won't take the fall for the two buffoons' in the Whitehouse. 

• He should follow - quickly. And take Kommie with him.

• Figured that maybe she couldn't continue telling lies about the border crisis??

This reply was deleted.