ADMIN

Predictable History, Unpredictable Past: Sheila Jackson-Lee Thinks ...

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) on Wednesday called for the passage of her bill to study slave reparations, arguing that it's "the American government's responsibility to pay her debt," regardless of how many Americans today do not have slaveowners in their family history.

The Commission to Study and Develop Reparation Proposals for African-Americans Act, which has 131 Democratic co-sponsors in the House, would establish a committee to "examine slavery and discrimination in the colonies and the United States from 1619 to the present and recommend appropriate remedies."

Jackson Lee connected her bill to the death of George Floyd, who died May 25 in the custody of Minneapolis police. His death has sparked weeks of nationwide protests calling for an end to police brutality toward Black Americans.

"The American government still owes a debt," Jackson Lee said at a press conference with other members of the Congressional Black Caucus. "The Commission to Study and Develop Reparation Proposals for African-Americans Act is the answer to the original sin. It is, in fact, a restorative and repair approach to the extreme disparities that rendered and exhibited the horrors of the killing and the murder of my former constituent, George Floyd."

read more:

https://justthenews.com/government/congress/congresswoman-reparations-its-governments-responsibility-pay-her-debt-slavery

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sheila Jackson will never be grateful for the people who put her in the office to serve them.

• Let"s see, I never owned a slave and should pay reperations to a group of people who never were slaves. Makes sense,,,,,,,,,,,,To an idiot. Get something for nothing they've been trying since the 60's. How about they pay me for reperations for the billions if not trillions of dollars they caused for the civil war, welfare, criminal behaviour both jail time and stolen goods, affirmative action and many other benefits they recieve simply for being black. Was it worth it?

• me to but I will be a servant.

• Africans are just too lazy to work and want free money any way they can get it!!  They all must be shipped back to Africa so they can run wild and free!!

• Evelyn Richardson:  Some blacks are lazy just as some whites are lazy.  Some blacks are ambitious and work hard just as some whites are ambitious and work hard.  Generalizations don't cut it but they don't require any thinking or investigating.  As I see it the blacks are handicapped by their own families and friends in that they are taught that most white people are this or that instead of letting them to discover for themselves what white people are or aren't.  They beat each other down and teach each other that there is no hope for them.  It is a mess.  The best way out for them and others like them is to discover what God is all about and to proceed in life from that point.  The black Christians are different because they pray and try to know, love and serve God.  Therein lies the difference.

• You must be a troll. You must be getting paid to post something this stupid.

• Reparations should be paid by the Democrat Party who abused, murdered, raped, and even fought a Civil War to keep their slaves. Twenty-five thousand dollars a month from each Democrat Congressperson both in the House and Senate until debt is paid from the total amount established. Republicans should immediately start a push for this reparation bill and watch how quickly this proposal ends. 

• !!!! I WOULDN'T GIVE HER THE SWEAT OFF'A MY BALLS EVEN IF SHE WERE DIEING OF THIRST !!

• My thoughts exactly.....and that goes for ALL, and I mean ALL, COMMUNIST DEMON-KKK-RATS......PERIOD.....

• How much have the American people paid in welfare, healthcare etc etc for many years. I never had a slave nor did my parents so I am not giving anyone a penny. 

This reply was deleted.