ADMIN

Predictable History, Unpredictable Past: Sheila Jackson-Lee Thinks ...

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) on Wednesday called for the passage of her bill to study slave reparations, arguing that it's "the American government's responsibility to pay her debt," regardless of how many Americans today do not have slaveowners in their family history.

The Commission to Study and Develop Reparation Proposals for African-Americans Act, which has 131 Democratic co-sponsors in the House, would establish a committee to "examine slavery and discrimination in the colonies and the United States from 1619 to the present and recommend appropriate remedies."

Jackson Lee connected her bill to the death of George Floyd, who died May 25 in the custody of Minneapolis police. His death has sparked weeks of nationwide protests calling for an end to police brutality toward Black Americans.

"The American government still owes a debt," Jackson Lee said at a press conference with other members of the Congressional Black Caucus. "The Commission to Study and Develop Reparation Proposals for African-Americans Act is the answer to the original sin. It is, in fact, a restorative and repair approach to the extreme disparities that rendered and exhibited the horrors of the killing and the murder of my former constituent, George Floyd."

read more:

https://justthenews.com/government/congress/congresswoman-reparations-its-governments-responsibility-pay-her-debt-slavery

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Blacks who lay claim to reparations are more akin to LOOTERS than victims seeking social justice or fair play... The cry for reparations is not about social justice, it's about Marxist ideology and income redistribution under the force of law.

Besides reparations or penalties for crimes committed by former generations are unconstitutional... US Constitutional law doesn't permit penalties that extend to 'Corruption of Blood' carried from one generation to the next. 

See: Article 3, Section 3, Clause 2 of the US Constitution.

• One would think that Miss know it al would have read the Constitution by now?!?!

• I'm in favor of reparations. We should pay them to anyone that can prove they were legally enslaved to an American citizen. Problem solved. Otherwise, people who never owned slaves will be paying "reparations" to people who were never slaves. Reparations for what, exactly? Slavery was a vile and heinous practice but if it's victims hadn't endured it, their descendants could still be free and prospering in Africa...or not. Perhaps we should offer them the oportunity to escape the misery of life in the USA to enable their pursuit success and happiness there.  Perhaps Sheila Jackson Lee could be first.

• I am in favor of reparations as well. Since I have worked, I have paid taxes so others can sit on their butts, get free iphones, food stamps, insurance, welfare checks, education while they didn't bother to even learn to speak, write or do simple arithmetic, paid for them to be jailed and provided home, food, services, playtime in the playground, all after they killed their own and blamed me. I want reparations  for what I paid for them while they lie, slander and accuse those of us forced to pay for their ignorance and violence, paid for them to kneel, slander our flag and songs, symbols and now our history and monuments. I want reparations. I am 66. I want reparations for the past 70 years, since I started employment at 16, after I worked for cash for 4 years. I am due. In addition, I want reparations for being and enduring their foul language, hatred, accusations and arrogant pride. I am forced to watch them wear african robes they never earned. If I had their stupidity about their generational history, I would be walking around in a Scottish kilt, with English teabags,cups, saucers and crumpets, while wearing a native American headress and wearing Dutch shoes. II want reparations for feeling pressured to call them a hyphenated American (which I refused to do), when the rest of us are conveniently kicked to the curb on our heritage. I want reparations for the foulness, degradation that they forced upon my former America's good and great music, for the gutter spewed rat music, vulgar dancing, mocking of women, killing of children and degredation of the formerly diverse and complex English language, to the culmination of "BRO" and "FKN".  I want reparations for having to tell a young black man to stand up in my classroom and tell him to pull up his pants and get his underwear off my classroom seat that some other student would be sitting on in my next class. I felt traumatized and I don't have time for that crap. I want reparations for the racist elevation of ignorant, evil subversive promotions in all federal fields, and in education, law schools, journalism and more that replaced Merit with Diversity and Equity. I feel led right now to add some 4 letter words, but I will censor my own mouth, as you jerks have never learned to do.

• The freed slaves were offered repatriation to Africa all expenses paid by private and Congressional financing... The Nation of Liberia Africa was created by the movement to repatriate former slaves desiring to return to Africa.  As early as the 1820's freed slaves were regularly being repatriated to Africa... over 15,000 freed slaves were eventually returned.

See: https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/freed-u-s-slaves-depart...

Freed U.S. slaves depart on journey to Africa
      The first organized immigration of freed slaves to Africa from the United States departs New York harbor on a journey to Freetown, Sierra Leone, in W…
  • Shake down

• Why don't they vote this piece of you know what out of office? She makes the voters in her district look awfully stupid. Have you ever had the opportunity to listen how dumb she is? God help us!

• If I pay reparations to ANYONE, it would be the American Indian, but you don't see them burning down American cities or destroying monuments. Be for real, people. Get over it!!

• By the way many Indian's have been paid reperations... thru the Indian Claims Act and the Indian's Claim Commission...

See: https://www.justice.gov/enrd/lead-indian-claims-commission-act-1946

Indian Claims Commission

The Indian Claims Commission was a judicial relations arbiter between the United States federal government and Native American tribes. It was established under the Indian Claims Act in 1946 by the United States Congress to hear any longstanding claims of Indian tribes against the United States. It took until the late 1970s to complete most of them, with the last case finished in the early 21st century.
      Lead Up To The Indian Claims Commission Act Of 1946
    • isn't that the truth.

This reply was deleted.