ADMIN

Sheila Jackson Lee Blank Template - Imgflip

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee threw her support behind former Vice President Joe Biden after he said black people who don't vote for him aren't actually black.

During an interview with Fox News host Bret Baier, the Texas Democrat pushed back on the claim that Biden made a major gaffe when he told The Breakfast Club host Charlamagne Tha God on Friday morning that "if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."

"That was not what the vice president said in terms of those words, and if we had listened to the earlier conversation, we would know that the vice president wants to put his record forward. He knows that everyone has their own historical, moral standing on the color of their skin," Lee said. "He also believes in the history of our people, and I don't believe, in any way, that he undermined who we are and what we are."

Lee said it was a smart move for Biden to appear on the morning show despite his controversial comments.

"I am delighted that the vice president was on The Breakfast Club," Lee said. "It is a dynamic show with a very probative, questioning host. That was the right thing to do. Then, as well, I think the right thing to do was to own up that it might not have been as funny as we might have thought originally, meaning the vice president, because it was done in jest."

read more:
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/that-was-not-what-the-vice-president-said-sheila-jackson-lee-denies-biden-meant-you-aint-black-comment

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Please, people voting in lee's district, vote this old hag out. biden can be racist as hell and she is too dumb to understand it for what it is. 

• You got something against old people?

You will be there someday, just like me, so mind what you say.

• not because she's old, BUT BECAUSE SHE'S OLD AND A RACE BAITING MORON.  HER IDEAS are garbage and her hate is blatant.  Telling people to attack and harrass any officials working for Trump ......when in the public, restaurants, malls etc.  She incites assault, chaos and mayhem.  Waters is a vile , rotten , shrew that should be removed from public office, but as long as she provides the illegals, minorities, felons, drug dealers handouts.....she will stay in office. 

• Jackson-lee is just another POS that needs REPLACED in Congress, PERIOD!

• LIKE 82 YEAR OLD NANCY PELOSI, CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT A SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE OR STENNY HOYER OR JERRY NADLER... THERE ARE SO MANY!

• She is just another of the HAGS......is she the one that has the 'EYE'.......LOL...LOL...LOL...

This reply was deleted.