Replies

• Politicians have been in the pockets of special interest forever. The only way to stop this is to eliminate all lobbying in Washington. Make it illegal to lobby. Special interest should go to the polls and vote the same as us common folks. Dealing with foreign lobbyist should be considered traitorous.

• How shall the People petition their greivances to Government directly?

• I think we all suspected that this was happening but hoping we were wrong. I believe I have a fix for crime in our elections that can't be overcome by anyone and can't be prevented in any way that I can think of! If we put our fingerprint on the ballot using our blood we would not only have fingerprint-proof that we did truly vote and that it is our fingerprint but the blood type also would match!

• Great!

One problem.

Blood-borne pathogens.

And there are those who are squimish.

• Sharyl Attkisson is a "REAL" Reporter, One of A Kind-!!! LOBBYI$T have MONEY for Those Little PERK$ the Politicans Feel They Deserve and are Entitled-!!! another words "F" the People, I want to become Wealthy off the BACKS of TAXPAYERS-!!!

• As I recall from a 60 minutes expose years ago (when it was respectable), a political convention is held yearly where seated politicians could shop around for legislaton bills, on the shelf and ready to go, with details on what what it does, how much it costs, who it affects, etc. But the legislator does no actual input beyoned just familiarizing himself with it.

It seems to me this is why Christ overturned the moneychangers tables. The human condition that laws are supposed to reflect, becomes little more than an anonymous commodity to be bought and sold, wieghed for superficial value. The idea of office holders intimate association with the peoples problems, that composed laws are supposed to address, is completely disconnected. Small wonder unintended consequences for the People (but likely intended ones for special interests that underwrite the bill products) is a common occurence. And the politicians excuse," Between campaigning, networking, and advocating in chambers, I have no time to serve as a legislative expert, or can afford to hire a law bill research staff". Then why elect a no-nothing impersonal figurehead for special interests to work through?

• $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ talks.   Liars walk !!

This reply was deleted.