ADMIN

politics 2021 super bowl Memes & GIFs - Imgflip

A growing number of big-name advertisers, including Coke and Hyundai, are skipping the Super Bowl this year for fear of not striking the right tone amid America’s contentious political landscape.

Several companies have decided not to buy Super Bowl time, some for the first time in over a decade.

The reason? According to the New York Post, the talk from insiders is that members of multiple boardrooms are finally coming to realize that they’re going to infuriate half the country no matter what they do.

In recent years, advertisers were thrilled to push the Black Lives Matter and Antifa ideologies or to push transgenderism and the #MeToo movement. But this year, not so much.

“Every client conversation I’ve had these days is about who is going to be offended by this ad,” Rob Schwartz, chief executive officer of ad agency TBWA\Chiat\Day, told the Post. “There’s a lot of discussion about risk mitigation. What that tends to do is that it makes things very bland and not effective, or it forces you to look at universal topics like hope or humor.

“The country is so divided and split right down the middle that I don’t think that there’s a commercial that will appease both sides,” added Bill Oberlander, co-founder and executive creative of ad agency Oberlander.

The result has been that the Super Bowl will not sell out of its ad spots this year, the paper reported. And some of the companies opting out have been with the NFL’s biggest game for over a decade.

Coca-Cola is out this year, the report said. So is Hyundai, Olay, Avocados From Mexico, Little Caesars, and Ford Motors. Most of these companies have had a Super Bowl ad every year since 2010.

read more:
https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2021/01/24/several-super-bowl-advertisers-bow-out-over-fear-offending-viewers/

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Any NFL player who takes a knee during the playing of our National Anthem should be fired on the spot and his contract made null and void!

• Since I saw Krapernick take a knee during our National Anthem, I have never watched a football game; that includes the "Super Bowl", and I never will.

It may not be a big sacrifice, but I had to start somewhere.

• Why did I have to re-sign up to make comments?

• I stopped watching the NFL 2 years ago. I don't even know who starts on my former favorite team. I stopped watching or following the NBA years ago because of their flag and country anti stance. Know what, I don't even miss them. At least the foreign soccer teams mean what they say about stopping racism. In this country it's so political it is sickening. All these rich NFL and NBA players will eventually pay the price and I hope it's sooner rather than later.

• Once I was a football fan but for the past two years I stop watching the NFL games I even canceled my season tickets from the Cowboys I will not support players who use the game for politics.

• AWESOME!!! I been watching NFL for years, I no longer do. I can find other things to do. Any sport who gets involved in the divisive politics OR disrespect our flag Is on my DO NOT WATCH LIST

• This is middle of the road thinking.  The only things in the middle of the road are a yellow line and dead possums (armadillos, for the Texicans).  The reason many of them are having trouble today is that they chose to support the woke communists, not the USA.  That is the same reason that the pro sports teams are in trouble.  It is very doubtful that the communist factions spend much on sports products so by supporting them they have thrown more than half their income in the trash.

• They brought it on themselves, so I say they deserve it.

• No one is going to watch anyway. WELL some will because they cannot get rid of the habit BUT there will be no where near the viewers there has been through out the years. SCREW THE NFL, NBA & any of the Traitors.

• What's Football?

This reply was deleted.