ADMIN

Senator Josh Hawley Quotes Lincoln in Speech Defending Confederate-Named  Bases

Sen. Josh Hawley on Monday filed an ethics complaint against the seven Democrats who last week filed one against him and Sen. Ted Cruz seeking their “expulsion or censure” for objecting to the presidential election results.

The Missouri Republican — who in a Post op-ed Sunday decried the muzzling of viewpoints through “cancel culture” — objected to certification of President Biden’s victory in Pennsylvania shortly after a mob of then-President Trump’s supporters stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6.

Hawley wrote to the Senate Ethics Committee that his seven accusers “filed an unprecedently frivolous and improper ethics complaint against me and Senator Cruz.”

He wrote his objection was “a lawful process” invoked previously by Democrats and that “my objection rested on far more solid ground than the electoral college objections submitted by Democrat Members of Congress after the 2000, 2004 and 2016 elections.”

Hawley wrote that “[b]y knowingly submitting a frivolous complaint to accomplish impermissible partisan purposes, these Senators have engaged in improper conduct that may reflect upon the Senate. The Committee should discipline these Members to ensure that the Senate’s ethics process is not weaponized for rank partisan purposes.”

Cruz objected to Arizona’s electors to Biden before the Capitol break-in that resulted in the deaths of four Trump supporters and one police officer. When debate resumed, Hawley objected to Pennsylvania’s electors for Biden, forcing a debate.

The Democratic senators last week requested an ethics probe of Hawley and Cruz (R-Texas), saying they “lent legitimacy to President Trump’s false statements about election fraud” and “continued to amplify the claims of fraud that they likely knew to be baseless and that had led to violence earlier that day.”

The Democrats wrote that “[b]y continuing to object to the electors after the insurrection, Senators Cruz and Hawley lent legitimacy to the mob’s cause.”

read more:

https://nypost.com/2021/01/25/sen-hawley-files-ethics-complaint-against-seven-democrats/

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The cause is legitimate, the invasion of the capital, and the election aren't.

Next election I will give money to Cruze and Hawley but not to anyone that failed to support the objections to the fraudulent election or the gop in general.

• Josh Hawley is one of the few that should remain in the senate while most of them are HANGED for TREASON!!!!!!!!!!

• You go Hawley!!!

• Kick Butt !!!!

• This is GREAT, THIS is what THE REPUBLICANS NEED TO DO MORE AND MORE, Cruz, too, now!!!!!  Fight for our country, they want to MUZZLE US!!!!  Don't let that happen!!!!

• Hawley is a great example of a fighter.

• If there had been some type of PUBLIC trial so that the CITIZENS could have seen the proof of the fraud the outcome may have been different. Many of us knew what was going on because we did our research. I personally watched at least 3-4 hours of poll watcher testimony and videos of trucks shredding ballots and watched the dominion machines switching votes. This proof should have been brodcast Nationwide. It was not because we only have a handful of Republicans with any guts  

• Senator Hawley: regarding your note to the Senate Ethics Committee that seven accusers “filed an unprecedently frivolous and improper ethics complaint against me and Senator Cruz”: the way to resolve the issue of fraud or no fraud in the processing of election data: subpoena to source code used in the Dominion voting machines. I can put a team of computer experts (self included) to examine the code ... question resolved once and for all! Its my understanding that one or more of the Dominion machines is in custody in red states.

Btw, who are the seven Dims (names please) who "know" certainly that there was no election fraud? How are they certain?

• Impeach the fake VP for supporting the rioters who were burning destroying and shooting at police officers and she is vido on her remarks,Republican leaders in Congress We the People need you to fight for us and the country.

• OK!

8477908475?profile=RESIZE_400x

Lately I am into emoticons.

This reply was deleted.