ADMIN

Image result for sarah palin

Alaska Republican Party officials are looking to former governor and Tea Party favorite Sarah Palin as a potential primary challenger to Sen. Lisa Murkowski, who has drawn their ire for her vote to convict former President Donald Trump in his latest impeachment trial.

Of the seven Republican senators who voted to convict Mr. Trump, Ms. Murkowski is the only one up for reelection in 2022.

It’s put a mama bear-size bullseye on the three-term senator.

Republican Party leaders in her home state say their frustration with Ms. Murkowski goes beyond the impeachment vote, however. They are also irked by her pro-choice views and anti-Trump rhetoric. Conservatives point to her vote against confirming Supreme Court Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh and her support of the Affordable Care Act as further reasons to replace her.

“Everywhere I go, people have been disgruntled with Murkowski for a long time,” said Barbara Tyndall, GOP chair for Alaska’s 3rd District, which covers the North Pole and Chena Lakes. “Everybody is saying, ‘Yes, we need a primary challenger now.’”

Ms. Palin, who served as Alaska’s ninth governor and the Republican Party’s 2008 vice presidential nominee on the ticket with John McCain, is an early favorite among conservatives. But she isn’t the only possible contender for the race. Alaska Gov. Michael James Dunleavy, who has been in office since 2018, is being prodded by some in the party.

read more:

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/feb/19/sarah-palin-eyed-challenge-sen-lisa-murkowski-gop-/

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Go, Sarah, go - -trust me, she is NOT afraid of the media!

• RUN SARAH RUN!!

• Two things I don't understand is, why do we need Swing Voters, period, (but it's awful as in Murkowski who just wants the attention,) and why does a Democrat register as a Republican also as Murkowski??

Yes, it is a fabulous idea about Sarah Palin.  She would have a big following, and she was a good governor.  She.d also be a terrific senator, and her heart is true.

• Changing the subject the fake President want to open the borders to the illegal that means there is no COVID-19 we don't have to wear the mask no more unless all this illegal are negative from the virus 

• It would be SO great to see Palin challenge that RINO weenie, Murkowski!!  I followed her in 2008 and was a YUGE supporter!  But then she wisely - and graciously! - passed the Tea Party mantle to Trump in 2015 (over their famous pizza lunch together in NYC).  On the stump in 2007-2008, she was dynamic!  And even afterwards, in the run-up to 2010 and 2012, she was a formidable GOP/TP presence.  Her own family & personal life took center stage after that, but now - and it will be 10 years after Obama's re-election in 2012 - she's still a young and vivacious potential GOP candidate, so I say, "Go, Sarah!!  You will have a LOT of AK and GOP support in 2022 if you decide to run!!

• Sarah is a natural.  People in Alaska have to be disgrunted with Ms. Murkowski voting her OWN PREFERENCE/ GRUDGE or whatever she has against Trump.  She was not sent there to be a child sucking her thumb and saying she doesn't like this one or that one.  She was sent there to REPRESENT THE PEOPLE OF ALASKA BUT SHE CLEARLY HAS NOT DONE THAT!  Did she ever take a poll to see how they wanted her to vote?  I know of ZERO!  The people of Alaska are eager to get rid of Murkowski and replace her with someone who will represent them.  Someone with good common sense.  Most of the states love Governor Palin. She is a very intelligent woman with a lot of common sense!  

• She should be conditioned to take what they are bound to throw at her. Maybe what she went through before will more adequately prepare her this time. 

• That would be SO great!

• I hope you do, Sarah! Go for it!

• Sarah, while your run with McCain was too much too soon, I still supported you.  Now that you've got some national seasoning under your belt, nail Murky.

This reply was deleted.