ADMIN
Some donors have been withdrawing their support for the Salvation Army over its switch to woke ideology, saying that a Christian charity shouldn't promote what they see as “the most serious threat” to their faith.

A number of its supporters are apparently increasingly unhappy with an initiative called “Let's Talk About Racism,” which Salvation Army CEO General Brian Peddle announced in February. It's a discussion guide aimed at promoting “courageous conversations about racism" within the organization of 1.7 million. Its authors, heavily influenced by critical race theory (CTR), speak of “detrimental divisions” that they believe were created by racism in all fields of life, including in the Christian Church, and offer members advice on how to tackle inequality through an “anti-racist” perspective.

A petition calling for the Salvation Army to drop the “Let's Talk About Racism” curriculum has already garnered more than 12,200 signatures from members and donors, according to Newsweek.

Opponents of the curriculum call it a "woke script" and insist the Salvation Army shouldn't be taught about racism, as it actually began fighting it decades before the civil rights movement even emerged in the US.

“I will not be giving to the Red Kettle campaign” of the Salvation Army, Kenny Xu, author and the head of Color Us United group, which advocates for a race-blind America, said on Twitter on Thursday.

read more:

https://www.rt.com/usa/541282-salvation-army-racial-woke/

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• ADMIN

WHAT!! The Salvation Army ran out of lost souls???.. or did Jesus go woke?

Last time I talked to Him he was pretty pissed-off at the left and their woke anti-God bull sh*t! 

• Salvation Army is about to learn a hard lesson and I will be saving a lot of money this year; I am white and I will NEVER apologize to them for being white, I am not racist, nor have I ever been; they will NEVER see another dime of my money. Previous years, no matter where I shopped, there would be a red kettle waiting at the door and I always dropped anywhere from $2 to $5 in there, so NO MORE.  From me, they will get zilch, nada, -0-, unless someone comes up with proof that this was some kind of CCP propaganda post and I doubt it. I will just stick to donating goods, food and money to my Church outreach program.

• We donate for all not just one race. I will not donate to the Salvation Army or any other until racist is removed from their list because all kind of people donate to the needy 

•  

• As a suggestion for anyone being terminated from their employment for refusing to be vaccinated. "Kiss everyone Goodbye, on the Lips!" French Style!

Lynn Bryant DeSpain

• What does your comment have to do with the Salvation Army's stance on racism, the CRT, and blaming white folk for racism?

• Hepatitis C was first transmitted to humans from horses in the Fourteen Century. Where it remained until the 1960's when it trans mutated into its present form much in the same manners as the Covid 19. Is it actually such a far reach of intellect to believe today's vaccines may be designed to trans mutate in combination with the Covid Virus into ever increasing deadlier viruses within the recipient's bodies?

Lynn Bryant DeSpain

• What are you talking about?  What does Hepatitus C have to do with the Salvation Army?  When the TP template provides your name with your post, why do you sign your name?  

• I'm so sick and tired of this BS! Those crazies are spoling everything we have done and hold dear for so many years. Why do people keep giving in to them is what I'd like to know. Why can't people just ignore them? Don't give them the time of day and they won't have any power. I don't give donations anymore because I no longer know who I can trust. I made a vow that any donations I will give will be to my own family. I have grand kids who can use a helping hand. Not some false indoctrinated cause.

• I had already stopped my donations to St Jude and to Shriners because of their firing of people that refused the vaccine.  Now I add the Salvation Army to the list of charities that will get no more money from me.

This reply was deleted.