ADMIN

6402653883?profile=RESIZE_584xMake America Great Again is a bit difficult to pull off twice. Keep America Great is difficult given the exigencies of the moment.

How, then, should President Donald Trump frame his re-election campaign?

On his Wednesday show, Rush Limbaugh suggested one way, courtesy of a piece from Thomas Klingenstein, the chairman of the board of directors of the Claremont Institute, a California-based conservative think-tank.

In the piece, Klingenstein had a six-word slogan Rush thought would crystallize the Trump campaign: “Preserve the American way of life.”

“And that’s what struck me” about the piece, Limbaugh said, “because, folks, that’s what’s at stake, the American way of life. That’s what is being fought over.”

He quoted Klingenstein: “What is the American way of life that Republicans should want to preserve? It would not be difficult to reach a consensus on this question among Republicans. They want to preserve, and in some respects recover, what Americans thought was the right way of life until a generation or two ago.

“We then believed that we were the shining city on the hill, marked out to show the rest of the world that people can govern themselves. We saw ourselves as one people with a single culture, which was directed by a creed (expressed most notably in the Declaration), supported by the Judeo-Christian ethos, all flavored by our particular history.

“True, there were sub-cultures, but we understood them as all sharing the fundamental attributes of a single culture. There were no hyphenated Americans. We insisted that immigrants be assimilated. Colorblindness was our ideal.”

Limbaugh continued with Klingenstein’s piece: “We believed we had done great things in the past and were capable of doing more. This success, despite numerous missteps, made us a confident people. No wonder we thought ourselves exceptional in both senses of the term: distinct and better. No wonder we wore our patriotism on our sleeve and revered our military.

read more here: https://www.westernjournal.com/rush-announces-perfect-theme-trumps-2020-campaign/?ff_source=Email&ff_medium=conservativebyte&ff_campaign=weeklyam&ff_content=libertyalliance

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• That's exactly it. Freedom and liberty. That's what the USA is all about. Trump really needs to impose his authority on the entire country to defend our American Way of Life against the thugs out there. 

• I agree. He has to also sign or enforce executive order and get our freedom back that includes removing the mandates they have on us citizens across the USA it should never have came to that. 

• The rioters want to make us Communist! They really should be rounded up and shipped to North Korea 🇰🇵 or Cuba 🇨🇺!, Venezuela 🇻🇪, Russia 🇷🇺 or 🇨🇳 China!

Then they would know 1st hand what they've done. I know I don't want them here!

As for "Preserve the American way of Life", of course it's a great thought and I agree with that, but it's too long to be as catchy as the original MAGA, can it be said more succinctly!?!

• Make America Proud Again... culturally and morally

• That's a good thought?
      Colonel, there are so many working so hard to bring our President down by any means! 
      what on earth can we do to help him?

• How about they have ab autonomous zone at GITMO

• Couldn't be too soon!

• Jc4you, read Ronald's posts. He isn't 100% behind Trump anymore. He has become rather critical of our President. Kind of sad but it's a free country.

• I've read what he says!  Yes, he's critical. And I must say, I'd rather have an imperfect Trump, than another country hater like B. Obama,

I think President Trump is great and amazing, faults and all. I do not know one person who is perfect. But I've never seen a patriotic dynamo like Donald Trump! 
      I am, and will remain, an Ardent  supporter of him! 

This reply was deleted.