ADMIN

6402653883?profile=RESIZE_584xMake America Great Again is a bit difficult to pull off twice. Keep America Great is difficult given the exigencies of the moment.

How, then, should President Donald Trump frame his re-election campaign?

On his Wednesday show, Rush Limbaugh suggested one way, courtesy of a piece from Thomas Klingenstein, the chairman of the board of directors of the Claremont Institute, a California-based conservative think-tank.

In the piece, Klingenstein had a six-word slogan Rush thought would crystallize the Trump campaign: “Preserve the American way of life.”

“And that’s what struck me” about the piece, Limbaugh said, “because, folks, that’s what’s at stake, the American way of life. That’s what is being fought over.”

He quoted Klingenstein: “What is the American way of life that Republicans should want to preserve? It would not be difficult to reach a consensus on this question among Republicans. They want to preserve, and in some respects recover, what Americans thought was the right way of life until a generation or two ago.

“We then believed that we were the shining city on the hill, marked out to show the rest of the world that people can govern themselves. We saw ourselves as one people with a single culture, which was directed by a creed (expressed most notably in the Declaration), supported by the Judeo-Christian ethos, all flavored by our particular history.

“True, there were sub-cultures, but we understood them as all sharing the fundamental attributes of a single culture. There were no hyphenated Americans. We insisted that immigrants be assimilated. Colorblindness was our ideal.”

Limbaugh continued with Klingenstein’s piece: “We believed we had done great things in the past and were capable of doing more. This success, despite numerous missteps, made us a confident people. No wonder we thought ourselves exceptional in both senses of the term: distinct and better. No wonder we wore our patriotism on our sleeve and revered our military.

read more here: https://www.westernjournal.com/rush-announces-perfect-theme-trumps-2020-campaign/?ff_source=Email&ff_medium=conservativebyte&ff_campaign=weeklyam&ff_content=libertyalliance

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• all is great but we are living in a new era of the United State of America what we need to do before we give this country a worthy name, we need to go back to obeying the law of the land if we don't obey the law of the land we are screwed big time.

• I prefer, Make America Americans' Again!

• I'm trying to send a 15 second video about BLM donations and where the $$ really goes!

Its quite horrible and difficult to send. Is it possible to get the link out to folks on this site?

• Make America Proud Again... culturally significant and strong again.

• Only problem is some younger folks do not know what "preserve" means.

• that is the fact.

• Preserve America & Liberty.

• I don't like it. It means different things to different people, sort of like Hope and Change that meant whatever one wanted them too. We should have a slogan or motto that means what it says. One commenter here mentioned Freedom and Liberty which are certainly two things that we highly value. Others are Peace, Strength, Education, Opportunity to name a few. We also should acknowledge that freedom is God-given. However one wordsmiths all of that into a single unifying motto is a challenge but whatever the Republicans come up with, it should be specific and promise what our Constitution and Bill of Rights guarantee. 

• He should also stress the Return to Law and Order of which there is none right now. 

•  America for Freedom!

This reply was deleted.