ADMIN

Meme Creator - Funny I am The swamp Meme Generator at MemeCreator.org!

Sen. Mitt Romney of Utah said on “Fox News Sunday” that new faces of the Republican Party have the potential to flourish now that former President Trump is out of office.

He named Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker, Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida, and Sen. Ben Sasse of Nebraska as potential spokespeople.

“So there will be some new faces,” Mr. Romney said. “President Trump, of course, will continue to have influence, but I think our party is going to return to some of our more fundamental principles, which is fiscal responsibility, believing in the importance of character, standing with our allies and pushing back against people like Kim Jong Un and Vladimir Putin.”

On CNN, Mr. Romney also named former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and Sen. Tom Cotton of Arkansas as potential leaders.

Mr. Romney said on Fox that Republicans need to do a better job communicating more effectively to working men and women in the country that their policies are best designed to help them and their families.

“That’s something I think we’ve missed, something I missed in my campaign,” said Mr. Romney, the 2012 GOP presidential nominee. “I think that’s something that’s going to help define us going forward.”

Mr. Romney is currently on the outs with much of the GOP’s conservative base.

read more:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/jan/24/mitt-romney-post-trump-gop-leaders/

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Now Marlene, "reformed" means the trash has been taken out, and replaced with folks who actually represent the People.

Rebranding the party is great.

But

We must make time to get out the: impeachment, recall, or primary out knives; and sharpen the edges to cull politically dirty necks at the state and local levels. A regalvanized state and local base of conservative office holders acts as a wieght on the federal over reach.

The federal level is more difficult, being a differant animal. It has some self- discretion in redressing federal office holder irregularities.

• There is no need to PRIMARY RINO's as we can throw them out of the Party totally... they will have to find another party to run in or be a write-in candidate... we KICK Them out once we have full control of the RNC/GOP bylaws... we select others to take their place... running as Republican's requires the Party to approve their nomination and candidacy.  We simply throw them out and nominate a new candidate for the office they occupy. The RINO Must then run as an independent or no party affiliation,

• So Ron, when do we start doing what you said?

• Colonel, removing a office holders political affiliations creates Independents remaining in office,

all the while recruitable. Sounds like a mercenary proposition in a plutocratic town set up to buy.

How to exemplify their vile performance also  becomes problematic.

Should a Convention of States consider a Constitutional provision that empowers state removal of federal officers by state petition?

• Mike...

You are obviously unaware of some of the laws that must be met to run for federal office... there is a bond in mo. I believe it is 25K for each candidate... in order to be on the ballot and not a write-in one must have LEGAL PARTY affiliation... be the nominee of a registered legal party. 

If we co-opt the GOP in any State... we can refuse to allow an incumbent RINO to run as a GOP Candidate... this is how these bums got to where they are... we need to turn it around on them.  Refuse them a place on the Republican Party and State Ballot... they will have to run as a write-in or get another registered party to pick them up... or collect the requisite signatures for their name to be placed on the ballot.

We don't need to primary RINO's we need to gain control of our local, state, and national Committees... and then change the bylaws so we can deny a RINO any place in the party.

• Totally agree, dems always stick together like glue, Republicans go flailing and SCREW everything up!!!!!

• I missed your post to Marlene about party access to the ballot. I was reasserting that once in Federally, only the Federal system determines discipline or involuntary removal of office.

A CoS could change that condition outside or the election cycle, for more immediate state action with their miscreant office holders.

• If we gain control of the RNC and local GOP committees we can rewrite the bylaws and throw out the RINOs we won't need to primary them... think... work smarter not harder.  Changing the name of our party may require a new application with every state to be a recognized party... as the name is central to a party's identity by law.  it is not an easy task in getting gall 50 states to approve new party status .. to ensure one's candidates are on the ballot ... NOT A WRITE IN.

• Your arguement does make a lot of sense and it looks like President Trump is leaning in that direction.  I guess for me, gravitation toward a third party is born out of anger, and the constant let down, over the years, by the Republican Party. I have no idea what the Party stands for anymore.  They cave every time there is some resistance from the Democrats and MSM.  They are like a bunch of little frightened school girls who pull their skirts up over their heads and go running and wimpering to hide in a corner rather than stand and fight. There are a few great Republicans out there and some potentially great who were recently elected.  Madison Cawthorn comes to mind.  The bottom line is whether it's through a third Party or a purging of the Repubican Party, the RINOs need to go.  I love your idea of starting at the local level to begin making these changes.  I attended my first county council meeting on line last week.  Although on the whole it was rather boring, they were talking about zoning issues, I did learn two valuable things: I saw how these council meetings work and that the council members are receptive of the ideas of their fellow citizens.  I anticipate in some future meetings issues will come up that are more important to me and I will be there to make my voice heard.

• Amen Col. Nelson!  I could not have said it any better!..and thank you for your service!

This reply was deleted.