ADMIN

Meme Creator - Funny I am The swamp Meme Generator at MemeCreator.org!

Sen. Mitt Romney of Utah said on “Fox News Sunday” that new faces of the Republican Party have the potential to flourish now that former President Trump is out of office.

He named Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker, Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida, and Sen. Ben Sasse of Nebraska as potential spokespeople.

“So there will be some new faces,” Mr. Romney said. “President Trump, of course, will continue to have influence, but I think our party is going to return to some of our more fundamental principles, which is fiscal responsibility, believing in the importance of character, standing with our allies and pushing back against people like Kim Jong Un and Vladimir Putin.”

On CNN, Mr. Romney also named former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and Sen. Tom Cotton of Arkansas as potential leaders.

Mr. Romney said on Fox that Republicans need to do a better job communicating more effectively to working men and women in the country that their policies are best designed to help them and their families.

“That’s something I think we’ve missed, something I missed in my campaign,” said Mr. Romney, the 2012 GOP presidential nominee. “I think that’s something that’s going to help define us going forward.”

Mr. Romney is currently on the outs with much of the GOP’s conservative base.

read more:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/jan/24/mitt-romney-post-trump-gop-leaders/

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• OMG, no way in HELL would I vote for RHINO morons like Hogan, sickening SASSE, and Baker and snake Rubio.   NO WAY IN HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You rotten Rhino Mittens!!!!!!

• Please stop this nonsense!.  Do any of you realize what the chances of a new party's success is?  Somewhere between slim and none.  It's a pipe dream - a beautifu dream, but still a pipe dream.  The best thing would be for the Republican party to unite behind conservative, constiutional issues.  Somethings that Romney and his ilk have completely abandoned in their own pursuit of power. 

Please think about this logically.  As of 2017 - roughly 40% of people considered themsleves Democrats; 30% Republicans and 28% Independent.  The other 2% supported other parties such as the Green, Libertarian or Constitutional parties.  As you can see the Republicans are already at a disadvantage.  If you split off the RINOS from the true conservatives, the new party would be at an even greater disadvantage.  Come on people think!  Do you really want continual Democrat rule?  Even though they may disagree amoung themselves, they stick to the party affiliation like cement.  

• I could be wrong, but I believe that I heard that Independents now outnumber the Republicans and Democrats.  If that is true, then there are a large group of people who apparently are not satisfied with either party.  The Republican Party itself grew out ot the failed Whig Party with President Lincoln being the first Republican President.  It looks to me like the time may now be right for another Party and when you look at the both the Democrats and Republicans, they are basicly the same party, so we would not be starting a third party, but a second one. 

• Mark,and Martha,  I agree with you and have been writing much about an "American Patriot Party" for a year now. Most are concerned that it would be a Pyrrhic victory if a ":third" party is established thereby "spliting" the Republican Party. At times, as you have been, I am fairly certain,  I have grown very impatient and angry year after year as the American middle clas has been ignored.  Now, I have been an Independent for some years  since I felt that the Republicans have been complacent at best or complicit at the least in joining in with the establishment global agenda at the cost of American sovereignty, personal liberties, and freedoms. A new party will only be successful if the Republican Party is diminished to practically nothing, eradicated totally,(fat chance) or thoroughly purged of the turncoats ( Romney, McConnell et al.) Just recently Donald Trump has  reversed course to encourage the latter solution in trying to "primary  out" the traitors within the Party. This certainly would seem to be the most prudent path to take provided the voice of the MAGA movement is maintained at a high pitch. It will be all about strong leadership from within the Republicvan Party to pick up the gauntlet and charge forward. If this falls back to business as usual with them....I hate to see what will follow.

Patriots, keep the faith, stick together, and God Bless our Beautiful Country!

• Why not reclaim the GOP... why let the rats run us out of the Party of Lincoln?  It is much, much easier to reclaim our party than to build all the civil and government relationships needed to become a third party.   I am for educating other GOP base on how to remove the RINO's from the party leadership, by using our bylaws and power at the local and state level... too, throw out the management in the RNC and National committee.  

We must not let the RINO dictate our party's course... the base is many, many time larger than the skunks running the party... throw them out and let them start a 3rd Party.

• I believe the Republican party has exposed their compliance for all of us to see and because of this one final, visible, documented agreement with the enemy, that this is the perfect time to replace the Republican party with one that is in full alignment with our founding documents and precepts

• I don't know what he's been taking, but he either took too much or not enough of it, thereby frying his brain.

• Please let them have the Republican Party, we can restart the Tea Party or Patriot Party.

• This jealous idiot is so messed up he sounds like someone that thought he might wanta be president but didn't really know how to even approach the task?....oh yeah, it that guy...what a stupid Jack$ss! ...However, it's just his type of idiot that assists a patriotic American to know when a real leader empathetic President is in force. ... and guess what Mitt, ole buddy, you'll never be there and you sure as Hell know it....and that makes me happy!...Ahole.

• Romney is deluded. I wonder how many celestial wives he has?

This reply was deleted.