ADMIN

Rittenhouse Jury Sneaky Way Out....

If the jury feels the pressure of the angry mod and doesn't want to be their target, then all they have to do is declare themselves "hopelessly deadlocked! The Judge will be forced to declare a mistrial and the jurors walk free. The defendant will go back to jail and wait until a new trial is formed!

The Supreme Court reinforced the need for reliability in criminal cases, such is the ruling in Ramos v. Louisiana where the Sixth Amendment’s right to trial by jury requires a unanimous jury verdict to convict a defendant of a serious offense.

Therefore, If the jury is deadlocked, even after the judge has done everything but threaten the jurors to reach a verdict, they are still hopelessly, irredeemably deadlocked, the judge will declare a mistrial, but since the mistrial wasn’t caused by misconduct of the prosecutor the former jeopardy prohibition doesn’t prevent the prosecution from retrying the case, repeatedly, if necessary, until a verdict is reached or the parties reach a negotiated settlement, or the prosecution gives up.

What do you think? Will the Jury play it safe and come to a deadlock or come to a decision? 

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• ADMIN

Yup, well spoken! I agree! I would Rittenhouse Their Ass!!!!  Let's Go Brandon! 

• Hey Bob, if I was a jurist, I would find Rittenhouse not guilty and aquit, then if any of those Dem thugs came after me or my family I would wait until they give me a reason and then do a 'RITTENHOUSE' on them!

This reply was deleted.