ADMIN

8922983466?profile=RESIZE_584x

House Republicans ousted Rep. Liz Cheney from her leadership position Wednesday, a rare move that highlights the power that former President Donald Trump still holds in the party. 

Cheney — daughter of former Vice President Dick Cheney and one of Trump’s most vocal critics — served as the House Republican Conference chairwoman, a position that entails leading the chamber’s messaging efforts.  

Speaking moments after the vote to remove her from the No. 3 spot, Cheney (R-Wyo.) said she thinks it shows the GOP’s current state.

“I think that it is an indication of where the Republican Party is, and I think that the party is in a place that we’ve got to bring it back from, and we’ve got to get back to a position where we are a party that can fight for conservative principles, that can fight for substance. We cannot be dragged backward by the very dangerous lies of a former president,” the Wyoming Republican said.

She also said she would continue to buck the former president while supporting her Republican colleagues.

“The nation needs a strong Republican Party. The nation needs a party that is based upon fundamental principles of conservatism, and I am committed and dedicated to ensuring that that’s how this party goes forward, and I plan to lead the fight to do that,” she said.

“I will do everything I can to ensure that the former president never again gets anywhere near the Oval Office,” Cheney said in response to a reporter’s question.

read more here: https://nypost.com/2021/05/12/house-republicans-remove-rep-liz-cheney-from-leadership-post/

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• About time they grow a spine

• Anyone who isn't totally loyal to Trump needs to go. They aren't real conservatives anyway. I'm happy that the majority of the party realizes now that there is no Republican Party or no conservative movement without Trump. 

• Kick all the backstabbers out

• Hopefully she will be the end of Bush /Cheney era.  Had great respect for Bush and Cheney.  No more.  They are not true Republicans.  

• Cheney is delusional!

• Now they need to get rid of mccarthy, mcconnell, graham, and the rest of the deep state TRAITORS!!!!!!!!!!

• a strong Republican Party means fewer RINOs and more conservatives which you are not.

• Removing lying Liz Cheney from her leadership position certainly is a positive move for the House Republicans.  The voters of Wyoming will remove her lying butt from congress in 2022 if she is dumb enough to run for her seat in Wyoming.  Lying Liz Cheney is burnt toast in Wyoming.

• Yeah; their spine needs to keep growing until they drag that fraud out of our White House in chains.

This reply was deleted.