ADMIN

8922983466?profile=RESIZE_584x

House Republicans ousted Rep. Liz Cheney from her leadership position Wednesday, a rare move that highlights the power that former President Donald Trump still holds in the party. 

Cheney — daughter of former Vice President Dick Cheney and one of Trump’s most vocal critics — served as the House Republican Conference chairwoman, a position that entails leading the chamber’s messaging efforts.  

Speaking moments after the vote to remove her from the No. 3 spot, Cheney (R-Wyo.) said she thinks it shows the GOP’s current state.

“I think that it is an indication of where the Republican Party is, and I think that the party is in a place that we’ve got to bring it back from, and we’ve got to get back to a position where we are a party that can fight for conservative principles, that can fight for substance. We cannot be dragged backward by the very dangerous lies of a former president,” the Wyoming Republican said.

She also said she would continue to buck the former president while supporting her Republican colleagues.

“The nation needs a strong Republican Party. The nation needs a party that is based upon fundamental principles of conservatism, and I am committed and dedicated to ensuring that that’s how this party goes forward, and I plan to lead the fight to do that,” she said.

“I will do everything I can to ensure that the former president never again gets anywhere near the Oval Office,” Cheney said in response to a reporter’s question.

read more here: https://nypost.com/2021/05/12/house-republicans-remove-rep-liz-cheney-from-leadership-post/

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Melanie, it isn't a lack of spine, it is complicity in TREASON!!!!!!!!!!

• so long trash

• "(F)ight for conservative principles"??  I think you mean NeoConservative, don't you, Rep. Liz, er, Cheney???   

• it's about time and there is more to go.

This reply was deleted.