ADMIN

WE THE PEOPLE STAND WITH DONALD TRUMP | Donald Trump Meme on ME.ME

National Republicans are desperate to avoid a floor fight in Congress over the certification of the Electoral College vote next month, believing it would be horrible politics to continue waging what most recognize to be a hopeless battle to overturn the outcome of the election.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) has intervened, asking his members not to join Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Ala.) or any other House members looking to object to the results on Jan. 6, when Congress meets to certify the Electoral College count.

President Trump is waging a pressure campaign to get senators to revolt. Incoming Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-Ala.), who will be sworn in Jan. 3, has said he’ll join the floor fight and Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), who has said he believes the election was “stolen” from Trump, is always a wild card.

Republican strategists are hoping McConnell can squash the insurgency, believing the debate over Trump’s refusal to accept the outcome of the 2020 election is tearing the party apart ahead of the Jan. 5 runoff elections in Georgia that will determine the balance of power in the Senate.

They say it’s bad for the GOP’s efforts to win back swing suburban voters if the party is associated with erratic flamethrowers, such as pro-Trump attorneys Sidney Powell, Lin Wood and Rudy Giuliani.

And after an election in which the GOP became more diverse, Republican strategists are furious over the harm they say is being done with Black voters, as the Trump campaign seeks to have the vote totals thrown out in Atlanta, Milwaukee, Detroit and elsewhere.

“The outcome of any floor fight will be the same outcome as the Electoral College vote and all of those court cases the campaign has already lost, so it’s smarter to look forward to 2022 and the Georgia runoff and other races we can win, rather than races that we can’t,” said one well-connected Republican.

read more:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/530910-republicans-desperate-to-avoid-floor-fight-over-electoral-college-vote

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I’ve been a registered independent since Ross Perot. If I had to fit in a box, I would be a conservative libertarian. Most Republicans are to progressive for me.

• so basically. you voted democrat. tell me one election just one the the libertarian or independant party has won. ill wait. and while im waiting ill give you a tip, the 1 and only thing either of them has accomplished is siphon off votes for the republicans therefore literally insuring a dem win, any vote for anything other than republican is a vote for democraps ,

basically - Bing
    • the  democrats threatend to murder perots daughter if he didnt withdraw,

• because what a shitload of people dont seem to understand is that republicans and democrats get paid exactly the same amout no matter who is in office, its time for 100% of congress to get a terminal pay cut from we the people

• This is why I left the party and no intention of comming back

• Same here.

• so who did you vote for? and unless you are in the street shooting traitors you voted for pedo joe and cocksucker kamala

• "after an election in which the GOP became more diverse, Republican strategists are furious over the harm they say is being done with Black voters"

Any new voters are trump voters. If they weren't trump voters, they wouldn't have joined the GOP. The republicans are doing the same thing as the democrats, they are already counting these votes as Republican Party votes and already taking them for granted. No one recently came to the republicans because they didn't want the fight. They came out of an outrage to the system and to rebel against it. How can there be a revolution in the way we vote if these guys are already willing to take a knee. What makes them think they aren't going to have this election fraud model used against them? And if it does, who will want to fight for them if they just stand by now?

• So basically, McConnel et al are morons.

Le Insult Juste: Idiot or Moron? | WIRED

• In another word we're screwed big time.

This reply was deleted.