Replies

• The Speaker is a self centered ASS who speaks for HERSELF and NOT for the people. She must GO!!

• there is something wrong withg the speaker and that is mental disability.

• Correct/ agreed with that!

• I agree, but I hardly doubt that Nancy Pelosi or Chuck Schummer will agree... and any attempt to impeach for abusing our troops will end up in the dead file of some committee...

• Don't they call it file 13?

• Impeach for abusing the troops? Seriously? Do you know who the Commander-In-Chief was when this was happening and when these orders were given? 

• I did not suggest we impeach anyone over the abuse of our troops... Marlene did... please take the time to actually read what you respond to before posting.  

• It is not an Impeachable offense to house troops in a concrete garage... or to deploy them on an emergency basis into situations where they may endure hardships not normally associated with a well-prepared deployment; unless such deployment resulted in criminal malfeasance..failure to follow up on issues of critical field support for the troops deployed. In this case, I don't think the hardships suffered rises to that occasion.   

I am certain MRE's were available and if not sufficient quantities could be delivered within hours from local stocks... the troops did not go hungry... sleeping on concrete is not any worse than sleeping on sand in Iraq or Afghanistan... maybe better as there are no sand fleas and other critters to put up with... sleeping bags are a personnel issue problem and I am surprised that they brought none...or are reported not to have any.  I would be interested to know if the pictures of what appears to be sleeping soldiers were taken in a break area or an actual sleeping and cantonment area?

Combat troops are supposed to be provisioned and equipped to endure a lot more than what presented itself in DC... however, the fact that it appears no one had attempted to alleviate some of the identified shortfalls there should be some COMMANDERS looking for new careers... it is inexcusable to put troops thru such hardships when they can be easily and quickly corrected.

• very interesting

• Calm down, troops and commanders deal with such problems every day in combat. they adapt and improvise.. field sanitation is a very important issue for a command, as neglecting proper field sanitation can lead to disease and the crippling of large combat forces... I am sure that soldiers were using local facilities... or temporary field sanitation measures until contract facilities are available.  Commanders are not stupid... as some here think.. 

Have some faith in our commanders and non-coms they know how to piss in a public forum without endangering the environment... they also know how to find safe and secure sleeping areas... even if it is an underground, parking garage.  However,  our soldiers are probably being rotated in and out of service, some to Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling AFB, just 5 miles from the capitol, and others to Andrews AFB, some 21 miles from the Capitol... These facilities have all the necessary support required to service our soldiers on deployment in DC.  They have operational mess halls, sleeping quarters, showers, laundry facilities, and transport.  They should also have standby porta-potties that can be placed in service at a moment's notice.  Anything not present and on-site can be flown in quickly.

Marlene ... you are overreacting... give some credit to our military commanders.

This reply was deleted.