Replies

• what a joke... first, most permanent bases have standing contracts for porta potties... which can be opened with a phone call and followed up by faxing the docs... deliveries to follow within hours not days or weeks.  Next, Doctrine for security missions plan for rotations between security sites and bivouac locations.. in a major operation there will be thousands of troops involved, and not all of them are needed 24/7 .. they are rotated.  

Rotating troops are often housed in local facilities ... preferably military bases of which there are many within 30 min of the Capitol... one within marching distance. The idea that our commanders would not have planned for all the needs of the troops is ludicrous... the idea that the President is responsible for logistic support of troop deployment is insane... it is the Chain of Command's duty to support the troops in the field.  You are way out of line ... IMPEACHMENT for no porta-potties.. that is delusional.  By the way, we can't be sure that there were NO porta-potties... the MSM is not a reliable source for information... neither are freelance reports or civilian cell phone videos.

• it's going to be a joke from here on out.

• First, on rotations.... it is SOP to rotate troops in a security mission...

Next, it is standard operating procedure to coordinate logistics and servicing with local military facilities and contractors when available... which are in abundance in the DC area.  I would not be surprised to find troops are being housed and supported on a rotating basis out of Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling AFB, 5 miles from the capitol, and  Andrews AFB, some 21 miles from the Capitol... also, Ft. Belvoir about 20 miles from the Capitol 

I believe I am more qualified to comment on how MOUT and Security missions are conducted than you... You need to get back to your office, pocket calculator, and coffee pot doing what bureaucrats do best... 'f'ing things up.  I am old enough and served long enough to know how much better and easier it was when contracts were let by military officers and civilians were something of a rarity on any military base.  Back when we fought wars eyeball to eyeball and had not time to dicker around with bureaucrats.

• No, you are way past overreacting calling for Impeachment due to lack of porta-potties... you don't even have all the facts and I suspect with all the military bases around DC that the soldiers are being rotated in and out of service... that the garages are used for local assembly and break areas, that meals are either contracted or feed at one or more of the bases... and that all the services needed for their mission are being supplied by local military or contractors.

I don't know where you served... but where ever it was the command must have been horrible, if you believe that military commanders would allow their troops to suffer deprivation when there were local military facilities, some within walking distance, capable of rendering all their needs... you need to calm down and access the situation and think.

• The MSM and others are not well informed... and often take a negative view on anything military... Why wouldn't a commander rotate his troops in and out of service... shifts, with billeting and services provided by local military bases, one is within walking distance of the White House, others are within a 25-mile radius of the Capitol: Bolling, Andrews, and Ft. Belvoir, Va.  I doubt that they are suffering deprivation for lack of support...

I still would like to know if those soldiers in the videos were actually bivouacking in the garage or if they were using it as an assembly area between shifts/rotations... I suspect it is the latter. 

Like I said before... these are soldiers, not bureaucrats they know where to piss and sleep, they know how to live under stress .. they can adapt and improvise as needed, which is not always the case for bureaucrats.

• This entire episode is political theater... the conservative States are recalling their Troops because it is absurd to keep them on-site as there is no REAL THREAT from conservative terrorist or insurrection... not because of the conditions.  Albeit, there may well be some negative impact in support there simply are too many military bases in the area to believe the troops aren't being fed, housed, and supplied appropriately... as it is the commands responsibility, not the Administrations to ensure our troops are supported properly... it is a command responsibility.  

As for respect, you are correct I have none for you or your ilk.... they could all be retired, and the responsibility for contracting returned to the commission officer crops.... where it operated for hundreds of years before hammers and coffee pots cost thousands... or bombers billions.  21 B-2's cost 44.5  billion, over 2 Billion a copy... in comparison between 2011 and 2016 it cost the Air Force around $1.2 billion annually to operate 76 B-52s total operating and flyaway cost 88.7 million since 1962 when the last one was built, all of it done was  contracted before central civilian-managed contracting.

• I don't care for BITE ME at all... but as CIC he doesn't plan and supervise local operations.... logistics and other support needs are the responsibility of the Chain of COmmand, not the President.  Your foolish diatribes make our movement look delusional... and vengeful... not rational and thoughtful.

• The speaker of the House will kill the Articles filed in committee... it will never see a vote on the floor... this is all theatrics.  

This reply was deleted.