ADMIN

Rep. Jim Clyburn Says He Thinks The Trump 'Pee Tape' Is Real

President Trump signed an executive order on police reform Tuesday at the White House mandating more accountability among U.S. law enforcement as the nation continues to reel over the Minneapolis police killing of unarmed, African American man George Floyd. The measure will center largely on de-escalation training, use-of-force standards, and help bring swifter justice to officers who use excessive force. But as expected Trump's measure was not enough for some Democrats.

"Much, much too little and does not go far enough," Rep. James Clyburn (D-SC) reacted on FOX News Channel’s "Special Reportwith Bret Baier. 

Sen. Tim Scott (R-SC) appears to believe that Trump's action is actually a good stepping stone and called it "helpful" on Wednesday. Not only that, but Sen. Scott has commended the Trump administration for their work to permanently fund Historically Black Colleges and Universities, to enact the FIRST STEP Act to promote criminal justice reform, and - something he can personally attest to - the White House's work on Opportunity Zones to help close the wealth gap. As Sen. Scott noted, it has the potential to bring $75 billion into the most distressed communities in the country.

Clyburn suggested his fellow South Carolinian was full of BS.

CLYBURN: None of that’s true. The fact of the matter is --  

BAIER: None of that’s true?

CLYBURN: None of that is true. I went to an HBCU. I’m a graduate of South Carolina State University. I have been fighting for HBCUs all of my life. This is not the most money that’s ever gone to HBCUs. That is just absolutely not true.

BAIER: What about the FIRST STEP Act or Opportunity Zones?

CLYBURN: Well, the president signed that bill, but Cedric Richmond wrote much more of that bill than the president ever read.

So I know how that bill got done. Hakeem Jeffries wrote that bill. These guys were working on stuff in that bill for I don’t know how many years. How long have we been trying to get these things done?

So they get wrapped into the bill, his son-in-law came up and worked with people to get the bill done, and the president signed it. 

He refused to give any credit to Trump for the successes Scott mentioned because he said he "doesn't deserve it." He also downplayed Sen. Scott's efforts, sharing particular scorn for those Opportunity Zones, which Clyburn called "gentrification on steroids," borrowing a phrase from a local Charleston newspaper.

read more:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2020/06/17/james-clyburn-accuses-tim-scott-of-lying-about-trump-admin-successes-n2570774

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It's just plain evil.  Has there ever been any other group, ever, anywhere, that has never had a single good thing to say about someone or something... ever?  It's just inhuman that the Dems can never say anything good or true or encouraging or hopeful or honest about the best and hardest working President ever in our history. Never. Not one word of positivity or thanks about anything. That is just evil.

• the black Democrats doesn't want their own people to move on, they want to keep them in slave on their own that's the reason why they don't see what the president is doing for the black community.

• Clyburn's simply resorting to a new low ground popular with other desperate Democrats; he's engaging in wishful thinking.  

• It is Trump's E.O.   His name and authority is on it. No other. They deceive themselves continually.

• I am so happy that we have an honest man in the White House. I have no doubt that he is working on purging the country of all opposition. Once the opposition, all rinos, fake media, biased judges, traitors in law enforcement, etc are eliminated and we are left with one party that supports Trump no matter what, we will get the great America we want and that our Founding Fathers envisioned.

• I've been sick of them for many years. Now I despise them and won't read or listen to their evil drivel at all.

• Melanie, i am exactly that way too! 

• Clyburn never met a democrap lie he didn't like. I watched Scott today and I think he is an honest man who helps his constituents rather than keep them in the 'massers' welfare home.

• Hey clyburn, LONG walk, SHORT pier, remove yourself from OUR misery foolish LIAR!!!

This reply was deleted.