ADMIN

Image tagged in portland,portlandia,police - Imgflip

The mayor of Portland, Ore., called for nearly $2 million in additional funding for the city’s police force and other agencies Friday, citing a rise in homicides and other violent crime.

But members of the city council were either mum or not fully committed so far on whether they’ll back the plan, according to reports.

The request by second-term Mayor Ted Wheeler came Friday during his State of the City address – and three days after Wheeler condemned one of the latest killings in the city, the broad-daylight slaying of a 42-year-old man in a city park on Tuesday.

"This shooting was brazen and horrific," Wheeler wrote on Twitter. "The City and its partners are working hard to prevent and reduce gun violence. It’s a public health crisis that’s harming our entire community."

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Bwahahahaha bwahahahaha bwahahahaha ... What a bunch of morons...

• i wonder if he's doing this due to loss of tourists revenue

• Don't help them.Let thm temove themselves from the Darwinian Gene Pool!.........Because,Science!!! Don't be Denier Enablers!

• Wake up Democrat Idiots - we could have told you that wouild happen at the time you started pushing it.  Of course you don't care, do you?  You have your own secsurity forces which are paid for by the people.  However, I doubt it Wheeler and his cronies are working hard to prevent or reduce gun violence.  As long as they are doing nothing to get guns out of the hands of criminals - they are doing nothing!!!  I fail to see how taking the guns from law abiding citizens help anything. 

These WOKE idiots don't have a brain in their collective heads.  If they can't realize that criminals break the law and therefore don't give a damn about any law you place on law abiding citizens, you shouldn't be in a position of power!  Let me say that again with emphasis CRIMINALS BREAK THE LAW AND ARE ELATED WHEN YOU TAKE THE RIGHTS AWAY FROM LAW ABIDING CITIZENS. 

• Too late dummy, the victims of crimes will forever remain vivtims and the murder victims will remain dead. So sorry the mayor was NOT a victim!

• Well, dang! It's about time!

This mayor is another evil idiot!

• The problem now isn't just money. Portland's attitude toward LEO'S has become so toxic that it is one of the last places anyone desiring a career in law enforcement would think of applying. I'm thinking that many officers already on the force are looking for employment elsewhere. New applicants may prove to the least qualified, unable to find employment elsewhere. Good luck, Portland.

• You did this so deal with it!  Stop throwing money at a problem, fix the problem.  It isn't about money or the number of officers on the force, it is untying their hands and let them do what needs to be done!!  Get rid of the liberal DA who refuses to press charges against BLM and ANTIFA, start jailing these little maggots.

• I guess their council is waiting to swear in members of the MS13 coming across the border

This reply was deleted.