ADMIN

totalitarianism Memes & GIFs - Imgflip

This story took place over the past week or so but it’s just bubbling to the surface outside of the local news beat. In Lancaster, Pennsylvania, Mayor Danene Sorace (D) held an extremely short press conference on October 2nd to announce the retirement of their Chief of Police, Jarrad Berkihiser. After briefly thanking him for his service, the Mayor took no questions from the press and departed. The Police Chief did not attend the event and issued no comment.

Lancaster’s police chief was forced to retire because his wife posted positive comments about President Trump on Facebook, according to the past president of the local Fraternal Order of Police.

Mayor Danene Sorace announced Jarrad Berkihiser’s retirement on Friday, Oct. 2, during a three-and-a-half-minute news conference at which she did not answer questions and which Berkihiser did not attend.

It was retire or be fired, John Fiorill, the FOP’s immediate past president said Friday.

Fiorill said his account of Berkihiser’s retirement is based on a call Berkihiser made to the FOP lodge seeking labor advice after Sorace demanded his resignation. Since Berkihiser had not reached an agreement with the city at the time of that call, Fiorill said he believes he can share the information with the media.

read more:

https://hotair.com/archives/jazz-shaw/2020/10/11/pa-mayor-fires-police-chief-wifes-pro-trump-fb-comments/

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Tyrannical Democrats with zero nobility of character, ZERO!!

• This is a perfect example of why I contend that police leadership positions should be managed strictly according to merit; and divorced from the local political machine.

Police leadership and police department operations should be managed by an elected nonpartisan commission that by law must be completely separate from any political party. 

This removal of politician authority over the police leadership, police department, and police operations is the primary law enforcement reform needed in our country.

In my vision of this reform no person who has held or currently holds any political office may run for, or serve on the nonpartisan police governance commission. These commissioners will be responsible to the citizens of each of the districts within the municipal area that they represent. These commissioners will receive compensation only in the amount of any expense they incur for participating on the commission.

And finally the police oversight commission should not be able to impose regulations or procedural rules that contradict or are more stringent than rules and regulations provided by the state government.

• What the heck is this world coming to?  I hope the police chief sues the pants off the mayor!!!!

• Yes, sue the communist mayor and remove it from office!! Communist are NOT allowed to hold public office in America!!

This reply was deleted.