ADMIN

obama smug face - Imgflip

Barack Obama slams Republicans as xenophobic and paranoid in his forthcoming memoir, which focuses on his first term in the White House.

In the 768-page tome, entitled 'A Promised Land' and out on November 17, Obama reflects on his political career but divulges in the personal, admitting life in the White House increased his smoking habit and caused tension in his marriage with Michelle.

He also speaks to race relations in the United States, writing it was his own historic election as the nation's fist black president that sparked some of the current division in the country.

'It was as if my very presence in the White House had triggered a deep-seated panic, a sense that the natural order had been disrupted,' Obama writes in the book, which was obtained by CNN.

Donald Trump, he claims, sensed the country's mood and took advantage of it to win the White House in the 2016 election.

'Which is exactly what Donald Trump understood when he started peddling assertions that I had not been born in the United States and was thus an illegitimate president. For millions of Americans spooked by a Black man in the White House, he promised an elixir for their racial anxiety,' he writes.

read more:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8942705/Barack-Obama-tears-Donald-Trump-birtherism-new-memoir.html

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I didn't vote for him because I knew that he didn't meet the requirement of "natural born" to be president.

However, when he was elected anyway, I decided to give the man a chance.  He screwed the pooch with everything he did and it wasn't long before I realized it was because he HATES the USA and everything it stands for.

I didn't originally support Trump.  When Trump became the GOP candidate I held my nose and voted for him because I knew that hildabeast would only double down on obummers purposely destructive policies.

I gladly voted for Trump this time because he either did or REALLY attempted to keep every one of his campaign promises.  Something that I have not seen in all of my 71 years.

• Yes.

• Exactly.  Where is the birth certificate for barry soetoro?

• We all know who the racist is. I certainly haven't encountered any racism here on this site or among my friends or from Trump. There is only one person responsible for the terrible race relations in the US today: obummer

• This reply was deleted.
    • Seeing what is happening today, maybe got in with voter fraud.  Sure wish they could check the votes from 2008 and 2012 or even from when he was 'elected' senator.

• No doubt this has been going on for years and bet the Republicans knew about it. We at least gave him a chance and he almost destroyed this Country

• Yes, little barry, you were born elsewhere, were never presdient, and you are not "black;" you are a mixture like many others in this world. You are half white, the only part you hate. You even hate us and our country. Go away. I don't care about your problems that you brought on yourself and your lies about our REAL President.

• Bravo Melanie!

• Thanks, Rocky! I just had to say it; it's been brewing and bubbling for years. It has finally turned into Vesuvius.

This reply was deleted.