ADMIN

Image tagged in prison bars,psychic with crystal ball - Imgflip

Attorney General Bill Barr reportedly opposed President Trump’s commutation of Roger Stone’s prison sentence for seven felonies — the latest act by this administration to undermine the rule of law. If Mr. Barr’s resistance is to be believed, the Department of Justice still has a path to vindicate the rule of law by putting Mr. Stone before a grand jury.

In November 2019, a federal jury unanimously found Mr. Stone guilty, beyond a reasonable doubt, of lying to Congress about the coordination between the Trump 2016 campaign, Mr. Stone, WikiLeaks and Russia. The seven counts included five of perjury and one count each of obstruction of Congress and tampering with a witness. Mr. Stone was sentenced to spend 40 months in prison until he got his reward for keeping his lips sealed.

This does not have to be the end of the story.

Prosecutors are well armed to get to the bottom of what Mr. Stone knows but has refused to disclose. If there was nothing nefarious about his coordination efforts, why did he lie about them to Congress? This question remains unanswered, as the Mueller report notes.

In spite of the president’s commutation, prosecutors can seek to discover the answer by calling Mr. Stone before a grand jury. Grand juries are used every day all across the country, at the federal and state levels, to investigate potential criminal matters.

read more:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/14/opinion/roger-stone-trump-grand-jury.html

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• They just can't let go. OK. Let's assume Stone goes before a grand jury; he refuses to answer questions based on 5th Amendment privilege. The AG then grants use immunity as to anything he testifies to. No prosecution results. And assuming just for giggles that Stone might reveal something prosecutable, the prohibition against double jeopardy would probably prevent any further prosecutions.So it's a non-starter no matter how you cut it.

• Release the Durham Report NOW and DEATH TO THE DEEP STATE!!

• AG Barr has stated there will be no Durham report... he is SUPPOSEDLY conducting criminal investigations the results of which either lead to prosecution or are confidential.  Besides, I personally don't believe that Durham will indict anyone... Unless, Trump intervenes by firing the AG and then turns over the Durham investigation to others like Jay Sekulow, Rudy Juliano, or Thomas Fitton...

• I would have made New York City a better place if the rioting, looting burning down mob had made their way to the NYT and burned it down!!

• The NYT will never be attacked... the Times is probably helping to organize and fund the riots and Marxist organizations in the US.

• This is presidential harrassment. Trump is the most transparent president in the history of our country! All of his associates are impeccibable, too. None would be convicted if it wasn't for corrupt judges who try to bring Trump down. We all know what's going on. The deep state is harrassing our law and order president.

• This would be a good time to fire Barr... Unless, Mr. Stone offered complete immunity he should take the 5th Amendment on every question except name, address, and occupation...and if the Grand Jury and prosecutor offer complete immunity his memory can be uncertain and fail him... After all, he and Hillary are about the same age and she couldn't remember Jack... about anything substantial.

A good response to all questions except the obvious... would be: I don't recall enough to make an authoritative response... so, I will make none.

• Maybe they should look at what Obama did and all of his commutations.  If Trump communted Gods sentence someone would have a problem

This reply was deleted.