ADMIN

5286429468?profile=RESIZE_400xA field hospital set up in Brooklyn specifically for coronavirus patients is now being dismantled without having served a single patient, The City reported.

As New York City quickly became the global COVID-19 epicenter, city officials ordered that many sites across the city be converted into field hospitals. At the time, experts said the growing pandemic would easily overwhelm the city's hospital system.

One such site transformed into a hospital was the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal in Red Hook, which was designed to treat nearly 700 patients.

According to The City, the field hospital was "slated to open in mid-April but wasn't ready for service until May 4." But by the time construction was completed, New York's coronavirus-related hospital population had dropped significantly, meaning the city no longer needed the field hospital.

And now, the site is being demolished.

What's worse, city officials reportedly expect the Federal Emergency Management Agency — via the taxpayer — to pick up the $20.8 million tab for constructing and tearing down the temporary site.

read more here: https://www.theblaze.com/news/nyc-shutters-field-hospital-that-never-saw-single-patient-and-officials-want-taxpayers-to-pick-up-the-tab?utm_content=bufferc453a&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=tw-theblaze

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Instead of shoving covid patients into nursing homes, why didn't they send them here?   OH!  I know....because Cuomo and de Blasi are part of Gates depopulate the world order.  Cuomo/de Blasio are MURDERERS!

• NO KIDDING!!!

• You nailed it, Marilyn!

• Have DeBlasio pay for it - he can certainly afford it!  When will the tax payers of NY revolt??? 

• I do not want to be mean about it but Red Bill De Blasio is one of those politicians who will do anything to get elected to public office. He was born Warren Wilhelm Jr. and so he is a German who pretends to be Italian. It just sounds much funnier in in Italian. On the plus side the salites are the same and the Italians call it the “Posso Romano” whilst we American call it the goose step. It is really strange how many communist countires use it too!

• Thanks for informing me; I had no idea. There are already too many "Italian descent" libtards sleazing around destroying everything and making me ashamed of my heritage. BTW, how did you hear about that?

• Why be ashamed?   Italians played a YUGE part in building our American heritage:   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_Americans

Italian Americans
      Italian Americans (Italian: italoamericani or italo-americani, [ˌitalo.ameriˈkaːni]) are citizens of the United States of America who are of Italian…
    • Yes, I know that about us. It's only for the same reason that I don't like the saga "The Godfather". I cringed when watching it for the first time and I won't watch it on tv. In the eyes of too many people, it makes the rest of us look like horrible people, which we are not.

• I used to have a girlfriend who was FULL Italian.  Her parents were both full Italian, her maternal grandmother immigrate to the U.S. when she was about 12.  She always felt the same way about those movies.  Weird....that seems to be about the only way Hollyweird depicts American in movies.  Too bad, there are a lot of wonderful stories and history that could be shared if they'd just do it.

This reply was deleted.