ADMIN

politics new york city Memes & GIFs - Imgflip

Mayor Adams may be eyeing a White House run if President Biden doesn’t seek a second term, confidantes and City Hall insiders told The Post.

“Eric has told me repeatedly that he thinks that he has a platform to run for national office, for president in 2024. He has said that repeatedly. He thinks New York is a national platform. He thinks the national party has gotten too far to the left and he thinks he has a platform to win,” a person close to the mayor said.

A Brooklyn Democratic elected official who was also frequently in talks with the mayor said Adams was “considering a White House run in 2024 if Biden doesn’t seek re-election,” adding that Adams’ advisor Ingrid Lewis-Martin was “running point” on the issue.

There is growing chatter that the gaffe-prone president — now 79 years old — may call it quits after one term, though he has privately insisted he will seek re-election.

Even a GOP lawmaker broached the topic with Adams.

“I said you really have to consider that you are young enough where you will have a life after the mayoralty and if you solve the crime problem there would be a lot of interest in a big city Democrat, African American with progressive values but who mediated the crime problem in a major city,” he said.

read more:

https://nypost.com/2022/05/21/eric-adams-eyeing-white-house-run-in-2024-sources/?utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Good luck with that.......emagine the destruction if we still have a WH in 2024.

Remember when we didn't think it could get worst than de Blasio?  

This reply was deleted.